Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2018, 11:33 PM

Default CMP Gun Case Credit?

I'm going on a trip this weekend, and I plan on stopping by the CMP on Saturday. If I purchase a rifle or 2, I don't really want to take the CMP Gun Cases with me since we're going to have all of our luggage, and the cases take up a significant amount of room. Would it be possible to subtract the cost of the cases from my bill if I decline to take them? If not, is there a way to get a credit so I can pick up the cases at a later date?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:04 AM

Sir,

I'm not speaking for CMP but I had a similar circumstance. I bought a rifle and ammo while passing by the south store and asked CMP to not ship them until a specific date which was about ten days later and CMP complied. You might want to ask them about doing the same if you're traveling and don't want to have the firearms in your possession.

Old SGM
Old 05-25-2018, 11:39 AM

Last year at the Western Games a guy purchased 2 rifles and did not want the cases. Cost was the same no rebate. You can donate them back to the CMP or I am sure someone in the store with you at the same time would take them off your hands.

Iraq/Afghanistan 03-04
Iraq JAN-NOV 2011
Old 05-25-2018, 02:24 PM

thanks for the info, guys!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:44 PM

I don't believe having purchases shipped home from the stores is still an option, unless you are flying and have the airline tickets to verify it. They used to ship upon request for any purchase, but not any more.