Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 12:07 AM

Default Am I Confused or What?

I thought CMP first generated a list of random generated numbers. And then they the assigned one of those random numbers to a randomly selected order.
And so it would be theoretically possible for someone whose order was the last one to have been selected to have received the randomly generated number 1. I thought this was the way CMP did it but now I have my doubts.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 AM

You are confused.............What?..

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 12-06-2018, 01:08 AM

Yes
Old 12-06-2018, 06:18 AM

Where some folks get confused is where your name was replaced with a number when the packet arrived. Just like your car is identified by license plate "A1" vs "Joe Publics 2017 GMC Whatnot" its simpler that way.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:51 AM

I apologize in advance as I can't seem to find a non-confrontational way to say this- why do any of us need to know the intricacies of the process? Sure, all of us want to know everything at all time. This is not one of those times.

The process chosen was well thought out and likely tweaked as unforseen problems came up. It will be what it will be, if your packet is correct you will receive a call at some point.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:23 AM

Jack, your understanding is the what I understand.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman

I think everyone, or at least many people, have doubts as to whether an actual RNG was run, especially with the way emails are being sent out one by one instead of automatically at once, as would have made the most sense with an RNG (where all emails could be placed in a spreadsheet, randomly mixed and then an Excel function used to send an email and automated call to everyone). Instead, it is all manual it seems but it is what it is. They are working their way through it. I received my pistol late last month, my GF has her number and my brother is still waiting on his.

This process could have been run better but they are proving that they can work through it and make it a success. As frustrating as it is/was, I am coming to peace with it. Sure, that is easy for me to say with already having my pistol, but rest assured your number is on the way, even if not random and instead them working through one mail bin at a time.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler View Post
I apologize in advance as I can't seem to find a non-confrontational way to say this- why do any of us need to know the intricacies of the process? Sure, all of us want to know everything at all time. This is not one of those times.

The process chosen was well thought out and likely tweaked as unforseen problems came up. It will be what it will be, if your packet is correct you will receive a call at some point.
Hmmmm. You may be on to something sir.
You send in a packet. If it is reasonably correct, you will probably get notified of a sequence number representing your place in line. That number was assigned through a random process.

What else matters?
CMP has provide more details, they are there if you wish to search the many posts, but at the end of the day, those posts don't matter.
You will get a sequence number, randomly generated, if your packet was received correctly. There is no ability (or value) to debate or critique (not implying anyone in this thread has) the process.

It's kind of like groundhog day.
The process is what it is. It remains essentially how described months ago.

As my number hasn't been received it remains a grossly unfair process, but I expect my opinion will change when they get to my packed
No sleep has been lost in Zvenomanland, and my seat cushion has no hurt. I recall some saying about things I cannot change?

15,837 to go.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 12-06-2018, 08:41 AM

This whole process is like writing a letter to Santa, in the letter you tell him what you would like and then you have to wait until X-mas to see what you get!

And don't tell me Santa ain't real.........I just saw him the other day!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post
I think everyone, or at least many people, have doubts as to whether an actual RNG was run...
Andyman,
I couldn't disagree with you more. I don't know everyone or even many people But I seriously doubt that the Civilian Marksmanship Program would lie to us about whether or not they ran a random number generator. you can download a random number generator online in seconds as I did for a church function. It took less than a second to generate 1,000 numbers. so what would be in it for the CMP to do this?
Closed Thread