Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Talking CMP Inland Racker SHOOTS!

From a casual rest at 25 yards, 100/150 setting, using the the 25 yard sighting in target from the TM 9-1276 (page 53), 5 shots with Sellier and Bellot FMJ. 4 shots touching, and one 1/2" distant, just above (breathing). Just above the dotted line, center of group 1/2" inch left of dead center. With the manual saying, one click is two inches at 100 yards, one click right should be 1/2" at 25 yards. That is a heck of a group for an Inland racker, especially with a temperature of about 10 degrees and and a windchill of close to zero. I only did one five shot string, as I figured it would go down hill from there! I was contemplating replacing the Type II with a flip sight, but with it shooting this well, I am sure it will be a good match shooter.

BTW, I used the directions on the CMP page to "hang" the barrel in the recoil plate and stock, and it seems to work!

Last edited by imarangemaster; 01-03-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again, Rackers Rule!

S&B is great ammo too. I've pretty much settled on it and you can find it at a decent price on the internet if you're patient and look hard enough.

All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Lets keep that racker thing on the down low.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:06 PM

congrates on a great shooter!

yea, still waiting on my RG!

My SG's have been GREAT.
Looking forward to the inland racker.
received my DBU the day before xmas eve.

S&B +10. love that stuff, have another brick of it coming. I'm paying must a tad bit more than the Aguila, but from all reports Aguila reports, I think it's worth the difference.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Psssss... Like Gunny said, lets not spread it around too much - at least until I can afford to order 5 or 6 more!

RM, is that great shooting with the new replacement stock or the one that was cracked when you got it??
Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 PM

Default stock

I sent the cracked one back. I have nice SA Type V M2 pot-belley with all new metal that I put it in until the WWII replacement stock comes back from CMP. Unless the CMP stock cleans up pretty nice, it may stay in this one (though I am hoping for cartouches). I could not shoot too much. My wife went to town, so I took my arm out of the sling, padded my repaired shoulder with some foam, measured of 25 yards to a big oak tree from inside the carport (the joys of living in the country) and did the 5 shot group. I know a carbine won't hurt my shoulder 7 weeks after surgery, but she wouldn't believe it!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Did you leave the spent brass on the floor of the carport for her to find - or did you chicken out on that one?????

Hey, glad to hear you finally got to shoot it. I know you have been waiting for a while to do it. And if the shoulder don't hurt, go out and shoot some more!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:32 PM

My racker Winchester is my match rifle.. I found it on the rack at the South Store a few months back. The stock was shellaced and looked a bit crappy, but the barrel was also a Winchester and it gauged....

Wait for it!!!.....

A ZERO!! Ok.. Just a touch over a zero, so if it's anything, it's a .3002". The rear sight at 100 is on the money for 100 yards, too.. I refinished the stock and I just absolutely love this little rifle!! My first match with it scored a silver medal, only 7 points away from a gold medal and I knew I screwed up when I was shooting rapid fire prone, pulling all the shots low and to the right.. 6's and 7's that should have been 8's, 9's and 10's..

I can't wait for next season's matches!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Retired View Post
Did you leave the spent brass on the floor of the carport for her to find - or did you chicken out on that one?????

Hey, glad to hear you finally got to shoot it. I know you have been waiting for a while to do it. And if the shoulder don't hurt, go out and shoot some more!

Are you kidding! Your dang right I picked up the brass! She is a regular Sherlock Holmes. Considering what the docotor had said, I would have been facing "the wrath of Debbie"- a force of nature!

I had done a magazine from the hip with the shoulder in a sling just after I got the Inland to make sure it functioned OK. I picked that brass up too! Yep, I am chicken!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper View Post
My racker Winchester is my match rifle.. I found it on the rack at the South Store a few months back. The stock was shellaced and looked a bit crappy, but the barrel was also a Winchester and it gauged....

Wait for it!!!.....

A ZERO!! Ok.. Just a touch over a zero, so if it's anything, it's a .3002". The rear sight at 100 is on the money for 100 yards, too.. I refinished the stock and I just absolutely love this little rifle!! My first match with it scored a silver medal, only 7 points away from a gold medal and I knew I screwed up when I was shooting rapid fire prone, pulling all the shots low and to the right.. 6's and 7's that should have been 8's, 9's and 10's..

I can't wait for next season's matches!!
I believe the zero. Mine has less than 1.5" over 3/16" on an M2 ball. Mine had an ugly sanded stock with no cartouches. It cleaned up great, but a found a long crack in the bottom, so CMP is replacing it. It is great getting one that is sighted right on. My Underwood, I had to use the 200 yard setting to be on at 100.