Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Talking Wow!

I got the replacement for the cracked stock that came on my Inland racker from CMP. SCORE! It is a really nice, I cut, high wood. with what I think is a bull nosed, two rivet handguard that matches well. It has been sanded when it was overseas, but I will soak it in some BLO and clean it up to see if I can find a trace of a cartouche! Just took it out of the box and took a quick look. No time right now to really check it out.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:51 PM

My NPM RG will also perform well at 50 yards. If you play with some handloads they shoot even better. I've had great results with Speers 110gn JHP.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
I got the replacement for the cracked stock that came on my Inland racker from CMP. SCORE! It is a really nice, I cut, high wood. with what I think is a bull nosed, two rivet handguard that matches well. It has been sanded when it was overseas, but I will soak it in some BLO and clean it up to see if I can find a trace of a cartouche! Just took it out of the box and took a quick look. No time right now to really check it out.
Wow! That's really great! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Default Just returned from the range with my NPM SG

SR1 target at 100 yds 5 shots 3-10(0-X) and 2-9. I have to hold center target instead of 6:00 like I prefer (pumpkin on a post). The carbine sights are just that way, no sub MOA adjustment like the Garand. My Winchester carbine is the same way, between that and the trigger pull, it is tough to do accurate shooting. Of course 3-4" groups is perfect for killing people, so you can't expect much more. The NPM ran like a top, no jams, FTF, nothing. I like shooting it.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Where are the pics of the gun?