Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM

Default CTD 30 round mags

Anyone used the Cheaper than Dirt 30 rounders? They are available and I was thinking of buying a couple. But, if they're junk I don't want to waste my money.

Is there any modification needed to get the 30 rounders to work in my 6 digit Inland?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 PM

I have two of the Cheaper Than Dirt 30 round mags. They work good in my Rock-Ola and Saginaw. I didn't have any problems with them. I didn't have to make any modifications to them. Excellant for the price
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 PM

Chris, I have 6 of their 30rd mags. (I live close to the store and so I don't have to pay shipping to buy them.) They are brand new, work great and have not failed me yet. I even have one loaded up in the back of the safe for a 6-month spring test. Make sure you get the correct ones. The good ones are the new Korean-made. CTD item number is MAG-346. Don't order the other ones, they dont work. If you are ordering online, you may want to check AIM and a few other places. Those Korean mags are everywhere and you should shop for your best price. I believe AIM had them for $9 at one time a few months ago.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:32 PM

I have heard good things about the Korean made 30s. Before those, CTD was selling fake "AYP" 30s. Real AYPs were made by FN and are great. The CTD ones were flimsy fakes, that made carbines "jam-o-matics"
Old 01-31-2010, 11:09 PM

RM, that is why you have to make sure you order the right item number from them... they still have the fakes on their website - for more money than the Koreans!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 AM

Thanks Guys,

I too live close to CTD and my job routinely puts me in vicinity of the store. I may just have to make a pit stop one day..........

Chris