Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids4041 View Post
I'm shocked that none of you guys found the 4-44bbl sa that's a 1 1/2 me / 3 te. And mostly ww2 parts? Yes the wood looks like crap but it has a SA GAW stamp on it.. oh well ill just get it
Call b.s. on this unless we see picture proof.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM

Garandgrabber Try DSC Baldmountain or Pontaic Ranges all within half hour of Royal Oak Where in Royal Oak are you , I am in Ferndale
Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 PM

+1 for Bald Mountain. When I lived in Michigan, I really enjoyed it there. Lanes are spaced out really well and you don't really have to worry about over-crowding or anything. RSO's are great and Garands usually get lots of attention.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandGrabber View Post
Ha Ha Now that's funny..Speaking from experience?
Hey DPD where do you shoot in the Detroit area? I bought a home in Royal Oak yesterday and need to find a south home club..
Another + for Bald Mountain, although I haven't been in years. Most of the folks I know in Michigan wind up shooting on private property or state land. For handguns, Target Sports in Royal Oak is an outstanding place, great selection, clean ranges, and you can rent class III stuff for a little change of pace.

FWIW, I shot for the first time at the Lyndon Sportsmans Club and had a blast. Friendly people, great facilities, and a good time for the whole family; I took my girlfriend, her 2 boys, and her dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronintank View Post
Read this.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...RO01/109020387

Sounds like lots of shooting going on.
Get off my lawn!
That's my old precinct, the 9th. There are areas that make Mad Max look like a Disney film!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
Another + for Bald Mountain, although I haven't been in years. Most of the folks I know in Michigan wind up shooting on private property or state land. For handguns, Target Sports in Royal Oak is an outstanding place, great selection, clean ranges, and you can rent class III stuff for a little change of pace.

FWIW, I shot for the first time at the Lyndon Sportsmans Club and had a blast. Friendly people, great facilities, and a good time for the whole family; I took my girlfriend, her 2 boys, and her dad.

That's my old precinct, the 9th. There are areas that make Mad Max look like a Disney film!
Thanks Brothers. I will be in Berkley..Oxford St...Gotta find a place for taking care of my addiction. Sounds like Bald Mountain getting lots of votes? They put on any matches..Yet?
Just placed an order at Target Sports for the new Springfield XD-S. My son burnt up some of my $$$ on his B-Day there shooting a fully auto .223. Bout a $100 in less than 10 minutes. Can't put a price on a good time or your childrens love of firearms...

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer

Last edited by GarandGrabber; 09-29-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM

Talking

Garandgrabber try Wessel gun shop 4000 e. 9mile Warren .Sometimes get the good stuff in. He does transfers 40.00 bucks
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM

I live 3 miles from Bald Mountain. I can hear the fun on most days from the front porch. Range officers are great, they are polite, professional and just great guys.

Last week I took the 5.48 SA (NM marked barrel) and the IHC. First time shooting each rifle. When I was packing up a couple younger guys came up and asked me what I was shooting. I opened up a CMP case and brought out the IHC. They were fasinated by seeing a real M1 Garand. What I really enjoyed was the look on their faces and disbelief that International Harvester made a M1. Pretty cool.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 AM

Hey wolverine how bout ill call your bs. Just because I don't have pics don't mean its not true. Or you just calling me a liar?! I'm here doing a job and helping my buddy's find good rifles, I spent 7 hours picking out rifles yesterday, 15 m1s walked out the door cause of me. Then I got some SB calling bs.

Last edited by Davids4041; 09-30-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Well the thing was I don't like being called out like that. I don't lie about things and if I could have got it I would have. But now I have to wait till next weekend. And yes the whole pics or it isn't true can be crap too. Pics can be changed to whatever you want. I'm a very clam person but when my integrity is call out I will stand up and argue my words. And yes it is hard to believe that it was in a field grade but if you seen it you could see why it was graded that way.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 PM

You might also want to try Island Lake Shooting Range.
It may be about the same trip from R.O. or Berkley, just straight west on 696 and 96.
They're affiliated with Bald Mountain, and run very well. 25/50100 yd range.

Also some real nice trap and skeet, as well as an "18 hole" sporting clays course.