Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
The initial batch that was transferred to CMP were all code "A" and "B" pistols from Army inventory, plus whatever the museum pistols would qualify for, most likely "B". It might take a few years to get through down to the lower condition codes.
Great info, all assets are categorized by condition code. You can look up condition code for the item and see the criteria. Everything else is B/S. quit being little girls and expecting great instead of serviceable(A-H). Too bad if you don't like the comment.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Default Parkerized?

Were all of these reparked at the Depot at a certain time or only if they needed it? What's the chance that anyone will receive one with the original finish?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:35 PM

Agree with tbone the chance that a pistol escaped rebuild and refinish in 75 years would be incredibly low.
But a little story to consider- while rifles are constantly exposed to the elements in the hands of young troops the pistols to a large degree were issued to higher ranking troops and protected in holsters.
While pistols assigned to active duty units and training bases would be expected to be rebuilt and refinished multiple times, there are others to consider.
While still an enlisted troop, I was assigned to a national guard medical unit. We had about 10 1911A1’s in the unit arms room. They were all Remington Rand in about 90% condition all original. They would be drawn out for annual training once a year for two weeks, and perhaps one drill weekend for qualification day. Often officers issued the pistols at annual training would stick the pistol in a zip lock bag to keep them clean until they returned them.
When replaced by berettas it is possible they would have gone into stores as is.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:42 PM

We will not know until they are inspected
Old 09-09-2018, 09:23 AM

I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps and 3/4 of that time I was a SNCO and thus carried a 45. I can tell you from experience that none were museum quality and most rattled like a child's toy when shaken....that said, they all shot just fine and I would love to have one of those rough looking, rattling, mixmasters!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmctop View Post
I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps and 3/4 of that time I was a SNCO and thus carried a 45. I can tell you from experience that none were museum quality and most rattled like a child's toy when shaken....that said, they all shot just fine and I would love to have one of those rough looking, rattling, mixmasters!
Dad's statement as a MCPO fits your. He didn't trust one that didn't rattle some. The Navy did keep most of theirs in better condition because theirs were less likely to be used in the field. Dad qualified yearly but only once had occasion to use it in the field. He hated the paperwork from that use. Far less hassle from using the 1903A3s.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
We will not know until they are inspected
This may have been answered on some other thread, but I was wondering if there is an ETA for when the Army or whomever is going give the "okay" and y'all will start inspecting and grading?
Old 09-10-2018, 07:41 AM

We have to check and verify all serial numbers first.