Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 05:01 PM

Default Hi, another new Texas

Hey, didnt see this before. My name is Tom and I bought my first Garand on March 6 from the CMP South store. It is a FG SA with # 2034148.

I am from NJ but I am commissioned Air Force in Texas now awaiting to go to Pilot Training.

Last edited by 1point9turbo; 03-29-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: got my own serial number wrong...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM

Greetings Tom and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase of an M1. You no doubt will enjoy shooting it.
Congratulations also on your AF commission and flight training. Are you going to be stationed at Laughlin? It is kind of desolate, but it is wide open country and kind of nice in its own way. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:13 PM

Ha, yes, it is wide open. Yes, I have enjoyed shooting it already and will enjoy it more! Yes, I am at Laughlin right now.

Hmm.. lot of AF bases in Texas, how did you peg me at Laughlin?! I lived in NJ my whole life about a mile away from NYC so it is a big change but I enjoy it. Shooting and Fishing, things I didn't do too much where I used to live.

...and looking into a Carbine next
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Hello Tom. How is it going? Have you had any time to go out and enjoy your M1? How is the flight training going?
I live not too far from Laughlin and been there several times. I have been in this part of the country for about 40 years now and I guess I must like it, I stayed.
I figured you are probably headed there because that is the best flight training center in the AF, and since you said that you were in Texas heading for flight school, well Laughlin was it.
Hope everything is going well and good luck with a Carbine. I have a couple of Inlands that are very nice and a lot of fun to shoot. If you have any problems with a place to shoot let me know and I can direct you to a very nice facility within driving distance, that is if you have any time to play.
Have a good one.