Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Question for NS team

Do you still have a few Krag's in stock? I was there on Friday and there were 5 or 6 there - just checking before making the trip.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Not the team-But was there saturday 4/2/11- looking over Krags- i took one of the salvage grades home($200) There was two more Salvage grade left when i left at 2pm- and four $450 ones- frist time i'ver eve picked up a karg-so im no expret- but i couldn't find the big diferece between the $200 ones and the $450 ones? Mine looks to be recalibated for diferent caliber as theres brass blocks in mag area and in ramp area? Wish i knew what that might be? But there where others there that had this brass blocks in them- Wood is very roughf- most of handguards are missing or cracked- all rear sights are missing-hafe of front sights are missing- same for sling swivels- But even with all the character marks i just had to have one- There should be about what i said there on Wensday- Call down before you drive too fare- And don't expeted gems- Big suprize on my- was barrel was in fair shape-Worn and gray but no pits or rust- now to find what caliber they switch it too? Hope this helps Roger
Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Thanks Roger - that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm really just looking for parts - Receiver, bands, trigger guard, complete bolt. $200 is just about right for those parts.

Regards,

Dave
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

The brass inserts are for feeding blanks up the ramp and not live rounds. These Krags came from RKO pictures as prop guns.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 PM

Thank you edtowguy! That what i wanted to know- And a bit of history to boot-thank-roger