Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 AM

Thumbs up Brief Trip Report -8/8

I was there on Thursday (8/8).
My son and I had made two trips to the NS in 2011, but this was my first visit to the SS. We were passing within an hour or so on vacation, so we diverted for a visit. We also diverted to Tacoa and saw the Military Museum there. It was pretty well done. My wife as always was a very good sport about the whole thing.
There were a handful (10-12) HRA SGSs, about 15 barreled recievers with bolt, about the same quantity of .308 barreled recievers (no bolts and well used), about 10 SG national match rifles, FG and SG sniper rifles and some rusty Kimbers.
I got there at about 7:30 and was the first oone in the parking lot. Two more guys showed up 15 minutes later. Another guy showed up before we left at about 9:15.
Two of the NM rifles had 6-digit serials, one had a milled rear handguard band.I picked up a 1943 barreled reciever with bolt with a 1952 barrel with zero wear and zero pitting and a box of en-blocs. I have afew post-war rifles, but I wanted a WWII rifle, so this is the best route for me right now.
The staff maintains that there will be more rifles in the racks in the not-too-distant future, but right now they are still backed-up with mail orders.
As with the NS, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I got a WWII rifle project, so the trip was definitely worthwhile for me.
My son took a few photos with his i-phone but they are not very clear.