Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Default SS Visit Report Sat 8/17

Arrived at opening time, 0800, and was the only one there. Had a nice long chat with the employees. Very pleasant people as always!

They had just put out 20 HRA Service Grade Specials and one went out the door by 0830 to a younger military guy. All appeared parts correct except for the CMP stocks, and looked very nice. All gauged at a ~1 or 2, from what I saw.

Approx 25 Kimbers left on the top rack. Most all had some degree of cuts, some worse than others. Only one had no stock cut, just a small scrape on the barrel.

A few hundred cans of AP left, amazingly more HXP has been selling there than the AP.

I left with several cans of AP and a barreled receiver.

Another great trip. Was told the racks should slowly start filling up later this fall, I'll be back then to see what comes out!

Pic of the Kimbers:

Old 08-17-2013, 06:25 PM

How were the barreled receivers? Any with bolts and ww2 serial numbers?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the report. Did you by chance ask if the store will restock the kimbers or are the ones in the rack the last ones we will see in the store?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty34 View Post
How were the barreled receivers? Any with bolts and ww2 serial numbers?
Yes, almost all of the barreled receivers were WWII serial numbers, but all had 50's dated barrels. Maybe one had an HRA barrel. No six digits, earliest I believe was a 1.2 million.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Thanks for the report. Did you by chance ask if the store will restock the kimbers or are the ones in the rack the last ones we will see in the store?
We didn't talk much about the Kimbers, so I can't really say. About all we talked about was the hype around them was mostly Internet based. I guess those that were on the rack had been there a while (as in all week) and were slowly moving. Maybe it was because some them had major cuts, and people want pristine rifles. A few had spots of rust on the barrels, and as I said above all but one had a cut stock. Still, they were nice, and with a little effort you could hide that cut mark. If I was in the market for one I wouldn't let it bother me. The last time the Kimbers were available back in 2010-2011 I got myself one of the non-rustys so I'm set.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:04 AM

How much are the b/r's with bolts?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty34 View Post
How much are the b/r's with bolts?
$350. It was more or less an impulse buy, I didn't really need it but I have the parts to make another complete rifle. Its pretty much the only way to get a service grade rifle at this point in time.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 PM

Good report, thanks.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM

I got there around 10. Leon was out doing some promotion, so he wasn't there. Mike was quite knowledgeable.

Those HRA SGS were very nice. there was only one that gauged a 2. the rest were 1+ (barely over) and a couple straight 1s.

The BRs all had nearly new 1954 or 55 barrels.

There were several 7.62 BRs (no bolt but still $350 for the type 1), some were very nice (1 and 1 on TE & MW) with TRW or HRA barrels.

As I was leaving someone was looking at some that were 3+ range, and I pointed out that there were some 1 ones. He then said he was looking for an all SA one (oops - I didn't even notice that there were different barrels, might have to go back on Fri!!!) I think they were all WW2 SA serial #s. 1.1 million and higher.

No more 17" scabbards in any condition.

Last edited by CadillacMike; 08-18-2013 at 09:20 PM.