Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:12 PM
CadillacMike CadillacMike is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 3,448
Default

Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked. Did Mike have to go to the back for them? I didn't even notice the difference, and I think it was you who pointed this out to me as I was leaving (someone pointed it out). I might have to go back there on Fri. I had a light blue polo shirt on, and I wear glasses.

I saw that piece of the M1907 sling. I might have bought it earlier, but it was only the half of it. Of course the while thing would not have been in the $2 box. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the bolt. I left before you did, so i don't know what happened.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
gunny gunny is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Bama
Posts: 6,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Are those 1903 it 1903A3 receivers and how much were they selling for?
the chromed 03 and 03A3 barreled receivers are $75
__________________
Semper Fi,
Gunny
RVN '66 - '68 1st Tank Bn
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Last edited by gunny; 08-19-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:40 AM
gunny gunny is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Bama
Posts: 6,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike View Post
Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked. Did Mike have to go to the back for them? I didn't even notice the difference, and I think it was you who pointed this out to me as I was leaving (someone pointed it out). I might have to go back there on Fri. I had a light blue polo shirt on, and I wear glasses.

I saw that piece of the M1907 sling. I might have bought it earlier, but it was only the half of it. Of course the while thing would not have been in the $2 box. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the bolt. I left before you did, so i don't know what happened.
Just had to dig a little deeper. We were about to pic H&Rs then the SAs showed themselves. I do have a lead on the long piece of the 1907 sling (I didn't have it after all). "May" end up with a "real" 1907 (albeit a "put together") for under $10!! According to another "source" there are only about 40 Mod 1's left.
__________________
Semper Fi,
Gunny
RVN '66 - '68 1st Tank Bn
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 AM
AFcop AFcop is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville Tennessee
Posts: 1,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
the chromed 03 and 03A3 barreled receivers are $75
I saw those down there... Are they worth finding the parts for it? I would think the barrels would not be salvageable.
__________________
____________________________________

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Random Guy Random Guy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,682
Default

Quote:
Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked
CadillacMike - did you buy 2 HRA Navy Mod 1 7.62 barreled receivers? I thought these were long gone, as they didn't get many HRA Mod 1s...please clarify, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Mac Attack Mac Attack is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
the chromed 03 and 03A3 barreled receivers are $75
Gunny, thanks for the info but I was referring to the bare receivers in the glass case and not the BRs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM
abtex1 abtex1 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Gunny, thanks for the info but I was referring to the bare receivers in the glass case and not the BRs.
There were roughly a half dozen 1903 receivers, all low number, poor finishes, one was painted, $75. One was a rock island, the others all springfield. The garand receivers were $195, all were reparkerized and had pitting, with only one or two with no pits on the heel.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM
gunny gunny is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Bama
Posts: 6,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtex1 View Post
There were roughly a half dozen 1903 receivers, all low number, poor finishes, one was painted, $75. One was a rock island, the others all springfield. The garand receivers were $195, all were reparkerized and had pitting, with only one or two with no pits on the heel.
+1
__________________
Semper Fi,
Gunny
RVN '66 - '68 1st Tank Bn
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
gunny gunny is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Bama
Posts: 6,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFcop View Post
I saw those down there... Are they worth finding the parts for it? I would think the barrels would not be salvageable.
The 03 BRs, for the most part, had front and rear sight collars. Now the drill/welded/ceremonial "complete" 03s and A3 were $175 but did have some "recoverable" parts. One or two had fair orig stocks with some markings. All chrome though.
__________________
Semper Fi,
Gunny
RVN '66 - '68 1st Tank Bn
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
AFcop AFcop is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville Tennessee
Posts: 1,074
Default

Thanks! Was thinking about starting a 03 project because I'm getting a 50:50 ratio on AP AYR56 being corrosive and do not want to shoot it in my garand.
__________________
____________________________________

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.