Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:12 PM

Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked. Did Mike have to go to the back for them? I didn't even notice the difference, and I think it was you who pointed this out to me as I was leaving (someone pointed it out). I might have to go back there on Fri. I had a light blue polo shirt on, and I wear glasses.

I saw that piece of the M1907 sling. I might have bought it earlier, but it was only the half of it. Of course the while thing would not have been in the $2 box. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the bolt. I left before you did, so i don't know what happened.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Are those 1903 it 1903A3 receivers and how much were they selling for?
the chromed 03 and 03A3 barreled receivers are $75
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Last edited by gunny; 08-19-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike View Post
Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked. Did Mike have to go to the back for them? I didn't even notice the difference, and I think it was you who pointed this out to me as I was leaving (someone pointed it out). I might have to go back there on Fri. I had a light blue polo shirt on, and I wear glasses.

I saw that piece of the M1907 sling. I might have bought it earlier, but it was only the half of it. Of course the while thing would not have been in the $2 box. ;-)

Sorry to hear about the bolt. I left before you did, so i don't know what happened.
Just had to dig a little deeper. We were about to pic H&Rs then the SAs showed themselves. I do have a lead on the long piece of the 1907 sling (I didn't have it after all). "May" end up with a "real" 1907 (albeit a "put together") for under $10!! According to another "source" there are only about 40 Mod 1's left.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
I saw those down there... Are they worth finding the parts for it? I would think the barrels would not be salvageable.

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Hey Gunny, were you the one who was trying to find all SA BRs with 7.62mm? The two i bought were HRA marked
CadillacMike - did you buy 2 HRA Navy Mod 1 7.62 barreled receivers? I thought these were long gone, as they didn't get many HRA Mod 1s...please clarify, thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Gunny, thanks for the info but I was referring to the bare receivers in the glass case and not the BRs.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Gunny, thanks for the info but I was referring to the bare receivers in the glass case and not the BRs.
There were roughly a half dozen 1903 receivers, all low number, poor finishes, one was painted, $75. One was a rock island, the others all springfield. The garand receivers were $195, all were reparkerized and had pitting, with only one or two with no pits on the heel.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtex1 View Post
There were roughly a half dozen 1903 receivers, all low number, poor finishes, one was painted, $75. One was a rock island, the others all springfield. The garand receivers were $195, all were reparkerized and had pitting, with only one or two with no pits on the heel.
+1

-- George Orwell
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFcop View Post
I saw those down there... Are they worth finding the parts for it? I would think the barrels would not be salvageable.
The 03 BRs, for the most part, had front and rear sight collars. Now the drill/welded/ceremonial "complete" 03s and A3 were $175 but did have some "recoverable" parts. One or two had fair orig stocks with some markings. All chrome though.

-- George Orwell
Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Thanks! Was thinking about starting a 03 project because I'm getting a 50:50 ratio on AP AYR56 being corrosive and do not want to shoot it in my garand.

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=