Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
Smallbore - light rain = cancel/postpone match,

Pistol - rain= shoot, but wear boots & walk around/dodge puddles,

Highpower - rain = shoot, prone in puddles, what's the big deal?
Puddles are against the rules. They offer artificial support for fat guys like me to float on.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:44 PM

Roadkingtrax. Do you need a safe place?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
Roadkingtrax. Do you need a safe place?
Gives a "trigger warning" a new dimension, doesn't it?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Rambo image? Really?? You're serious??

Deflectors are strictly about being able to pick up one's brass, quickly & efficiently. That's it.

As far as "raining brass", it's part of the game. If you're offended by another competitor's brass hitting you, then I'm sorry to say you're in the wrong game. If you haven't been burned by hot brass you haven't been in competition on a line. Dress appropriately. Leave the shorts and tennis shoes home. Wear a cap and your coat has a towel collar-use it. I believe the same whining goes for people talking behind the firing line. I've watched "grown men" pitch a 5th grade hissy fit because someone behind the firing line is talking while "they're trying to shoot". IMO, if a shooter wants absolute silence & no influence from any other competitor, there's always golf. at least then they can wear their shorts and golf shirts.

If I were ever to have a RO or RSO attempt to take action against one of my firearms for ejecting brass properly, as it was designed to do, then I would file a protest and take it as far as need be up the NRA/CMP. I seriously, seriously doubt it'd go any farther than the tower, if that. Like I said, it's part of the game- be prepared.

This exactly.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:49 PM

May scratch someones new scope, please be aware of your brass
Old 04-26-2016, 08:18 PM

Yeah, and you stay to the right of me ! Lol....
Old 05-02-2016, 09:49 AM

Normal operation of AR should put brass at 4 o'clock position. I have run into someone that adjusted his ejector to throw brass at 3 o'clock position to get neighbor and bragged about his action. Not a very nice guy.

Wear a hoodie if brass or guy mentioned above shoots next to you and bothers you.

If you want to control your brass cut spring. My last bolt went over 10000 rounds with cut spring putting my brass at 2 o'clock in small pile. Easy to pick up during brass call. New bolt/barrel has 1500 rounds with all brass going at 2 o'clock nice pile. Cutting spring or cutting some off ejection is a Ford Chevy argument. Either one works.

Don't let flying brass ruin your game.

Note: First bolt used on 2 barrels.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:10 PM

I am reding the thred over there now. I like the bit about adjustiw the gas plug for brass placement. That is just too much. I agree that it is just part of it. But if you really want to hear whining, shott ATA for a while. Especially doubles with a model 12. One guy wanted to have me DQ'd.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:24 PM

pumps ive never seen as an issue. Semis are annoying. traps a different game.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:12 AM

Quote:
As far as "raining brass", it's part of the game. If you're offended by another competitor's brass hitting you, then I'm sorry to say you're in the wrong game.
Actually, this is wrong. You may shoot around others that hold this opinion, but if you are causing a disruption, it is your problem and covered by NRA rule 11.9. For example, if hot brass is going directly into the face of your neighbor, you need to adjust your gear to deal with that. If you are on a tight firing point and this is an issue, it can be a safety hazard, certainly. In most cases, yes, put up the hood. But, I don't think its the right attitude the think that you should have the right to spray hot brass in someone's face.

Nobody likes to be burned in the face. It's happened to me, and I requested that the fellow make adjustments to his gear to fix the problem. I simply will not tolerate that and neither should any other person.

One thing about this sport is kind of odd, are these kinds of viewpoints. Where else in civilized life do you have permission to project a hot piece of metal at someone else? Nowhere.

Last edited by WindLogik; 05-06-2016 at 12:27 AM.