Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 PM

They may be waiting on your FFL info to arrive. Mine shipped the same day my FFL faxes his info.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM

The second rifle shipped faster. The first took a few weeks plus. The communication on the first left some to be desired, but the rifle that came was pretty decent. The second rifle came in a pretty quick turn around and is a giant hot mess...
Old 05-24-2018, 08:35 PM

I sent them my C&R, I bought a rifle a week before and that shipped super fast
Old 05-25-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy411 View Post
I have 4 of these ordered, one order is "on hold" the other is "processing" anyone have any experience as to how long these take to ship? My friend down the road ordered 2 after I did and he got his already :/
I wouldn't pay much attention to what your order status says,last I checked I had rifle orders listed as "processing",even though I had them a couple weeks.They'll e-mail you when they ship with tracking info.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Banned

Looks like the $100.00 Drill Rifles are a thing of the past now DuPage has removed them from the page now
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 AM

They just had a few of the $100 ones maybe 4 weeks ago now. Hopefully they get more in!
Old 05-26-2018, 03:12 PM

Honestly, I don't think the $100 versions were as good. They were missing a few more key components and the wood is in bad shape. If you aren't lucky, the wood will have to be replaced. That's at least $100 right there. So pretty much all you are getting that is really usable is a receiver and internals minus the bolt. I sure wish they would get some more of the $200 ones in. Those were the best.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:44 PM

All I’m really after is the receiver and trigger group anyway. I just got a $200 one and the stock has a couple reparable cracks in the butt and the hanguard is also split.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
Yeah,that is a real bummer.
One of mine the stock was almost broken completely in half, all I have left to do on it now is chamber the New old stock RA 8-44 Barrel and it looks almost perfect, My stock was broken on both sides of the mag well wood one side completely the other 3/4 the way thru, Also back at the wrist it was split.

I was able to save it by smoothing the surfaces lightly then bending and separating the wood then using a glue product that sets in 30 seconds, full strength in an hour it also seems to fill all voids the cracks by swelling some in them,Then I used 3 wood clamps on it quickly left it set an hour as tightly as I could get it together,An hour later took off the clamps cleaned up some residue glue along the repair area you could hardly see, then while its got just a tiny bit of sticky-ness before it sets completely I rub the stock surrounding area where I lightly sanded and after you build a little heat you can make some of the oils and stain in that surrounding area move in to that lighter area and cover it with the same finish on your original stock and no one can ever tell where it was cracked unless I point it out to them and it matches the original finish perfectly and you do not have to refinish the wood at all, Its a technique you kinda have to work at a bit but when your done well worth it ,you would never know this stock was in two pieces nor that this was a Drill rifle ,Blending your original stain already on the stock over areas where you lightly sanded by rubbing it over and over working that stain back over that light area makes your rifle look so much better than a refinish job and you really can not tell its been repaired,Try it .
Old 06-26-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
One of mine the stock was almost broken completely in half, all I have left to do on it now is chamber the New old stock RA 8-44 Barrel and it looks almost perfect, My stock was broken on both sides of the mag well wood one side completely the other 3/4 the way thru, Also back at the wrist it was split.

I was able to save it by smoothing the surfaces lightly then bending and separating the wood then using a glue product that sets in 30 seconds, full strength in an hour it also seems to fill all voids the cracks by swelling some in them,Then I used 3 wood clamps on it quickly left it set an hour as tightly as I could get it together,An hour later took off the clamps cleaned up some residue glue along the repair area you could hardly see, then while its got just a tiny bit of sticky-ness before it sets completely I rub the stock surrounding area where I lightly sanded and after you build a little heat you can make some of the oils and stain in that surrounding area move in to that lighter area and cover it with the same finish on your original stock and no one can ever tell where it was cracked unless I point it out to them and it matches the original finish perfectly and you do not have to refinish the wood at all, Its a technique you kinda have to work at a bit but when your done well worth it ,you would never know this stock was in two pieces nor that this was a Drill rifle ,Blending your original stain already on the stock over areas where you lightly sanded by rubbing it over and over working that stain back over that light area makes your rifle look so much better than a refinish job and you really can not tell its been repaired,Try it .
Excellent!