Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2018, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslash View Post
Based on the expected demand of more orders than 1911s available, the effect is 1 per lifetime. There needs to be clarification on what happens to your order and or lottery number if you decline a shipment request. In the situation that you decline a shipment request you may lose your lottery sequence and the net effect being that you go to the end of the line. If there are more orders in line than available pistols then the effect is losing the opportunity to buy. I don't think the info so far has spelled it out this way but that very well could be how it will work.
The way Mark makes it sound, you get one offer/chance and that's it....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...9&postcount=14
Old 05-22-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
Was that correct in the video that there is a 1/lifetime limit? I thought I had read one per year? If correct, darn I might just pass on a Rack grade and hope for a Service or Field another year?
My reading of the actual CMP website is that you are limited to only one until all orders are filled. So if there are 50,000 orders, they will hold the applications until all 50,000 had an opportunity to receive one. After that the limit begins again.

"No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled."
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:48 PM

I cannot even imagine the deluge of mail that will be pouring in to the local post office, or the staff it will take to open the packets, check paperwork, create the database, do the background checks, etc.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 PM

I hope the CMP posts photos of their mail delivery. I bet other deliveries will slow down some too as 1911 fever hits!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
My reading of the actual CMP website is that you are limited to only one until all orders are filled. So if there are 50,000 orders, they will hold the applications until all 50,000 had an opportunity to receive one. After that the limit begins again.

"No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled."
this seems to be my understanding and i think its the best way to proceed......so technically its not a 1 per lifetime limit but because demand outweighs supply, it will end up essentially as a 1 per person until everyone who wants one gets one.......if you decline a rack grade because that's all that's left, Mark has said that's it........you will have to wait until they open up orders again, which could be 5-6 years down the road, once all the first orders have been filled.......i think this is a great way to do it and i commend CMP and Mr. Johnson for really thinking this process out.......it essentially allows everyone who wants a 1911 from CMP to EVENTUALLY get one as long as you get your order in before Oct 4th, may be waiting 3-4 years but you will get one...... hopefully the program continues beyond the 2 year pilot program.......
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
I hope the CMP posts photos of their mail delivery. I bet other deliveries will slow down some too as 1911 fever hits!
They have posted pics in the past....
https://www.facebook.com/TheCMP.org/...type=3&theater
23 tubs of mail +FedEx,UPS for roughly 1,000 carbines....and sold out in one day. Now imagine the amount of mail for this release. I hope they have a room big enough....
Old 05-23-2018, 10:28 AM

My luck, my lottery number will be 8000, and I will be offered a rack grade. Number 8001 will get a service grade a few months later in the 2nd year run. Also it sounds like just about all non-auction ones are the light grey park, which is not as appealing to me.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 AM

Wow, I Did not expect them to be that nice, really.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:21 PM

Where did all the double diamond wood grips go on the museum sourced 1911's?