Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Default FAQ Request

CMP1911Admin,

The "CMP 1911" sub-forum has nearly 200 threads, 4000 posts and over a half million views. It can be quite challenging to keep up with it all. Would it be possible for you to create an "FAQ" sticky where relevant announcements (e.g., sales calls being made, when shipments will begin, etc.) and answers to commonly asked questions (e.g., what if my FFL's license expires, etc.) can be found? You would be the only one that could post to the thread. It would be one stop shopping for the rest of us.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM

Or use the search function.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:41 PM

I understand the OP's frustration with the piecemeal way info has been coming out, but I too don't want CMP to stop sorting packets and making phone calls.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:14 PM

It is a legitimate request. However, at this point in time this stuff is being made up as it goes along. I'm sure the folks at CMP1911 are working things out as they arise. As this program develops I would expect a sticky to appear along those lines.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:46 PM

Not exactly a FAQ, but you could use the link on CMP1911Admin's profile to see all of the posts he has made. Read these and you'll get an idea of the frequently asked questions.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:43 PM

FAQ are a pain because they take up so much time to make, let alone keep up.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFlyer View Post
CMP1911Admin,

The "CMP 1911" sub-forum has nearly 200 threads, 4000 posts and over a half million views. It can be quite challenging to keep up with it all. Would it be possible for you to create an "FAQ" sticky where relevant announcements (e.g., sales calls being made, when shipments will begin, etc.) and answers to commonly asked questions (e.g., what if my FFL's license expires, etc.) can be found? You would be the only one that could post to the thread. It would be one stop shopping for the rest of us.

Thanks in advance.
Fair enough request, especially considering any pertinent information that is posted soon gets lost in an avalanche of chaff/"look at me" posts, and those trying to bolster post counts (even in this thread).
As an example, all one has to do is look at the original Surplus 1911 thread in Ask CMP.

1911Admin is busy enough, and weimar_police obviously knows what's involved, but I will see what I can do to get this information posted in a sticky, both combing existing threads and adding new info as it becomes available.
I am on the tail end of travels helping family, both near and afar (in FL panhandle), but will get to it as soon as I possibly can.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Fair enough request, especially considering any pertinent information that is posted soon gets lost in an avalanche of chaff/"look at me" posts, and those trying to bolster post counts (even in this thread).
As an example, all one has to do is look at the original Surplus 1911 thread in Ask CMP.

1911Admin is busy enough, and weimar_police obviously knows what's involved, but I will see what I can do to get this information posted in a sticky, both combing existing threads and adding new info as it becomes available.
I am on the tail end of travels helping family, both near and afar (in FL panhandle), but will get to it as soon as I possibly can.
Big Red, I think a not small number of customers are hoping to learn if anything has changed regarding notification of ones random number, as outlined in the "ADDITIONAL CMP 1911 DETAILS" section of the 1911 webpage. Specifically #7 "The customerís sequence number will be sent to the individual via email once such sequence number is established." We know now that customers have begun to be contacted to pick grade and give payment info, but is there someone actively working on emailing the numbers to folks so they have an idea of how far out their place may be?

It really wasn't clarified in the admin's thread "Rng process", and would be good to know if the 1911 info page is still accurate.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...98&postcount=1
Old 10-25-2018, 09:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman

Thank you Fogtripper. This has been a very confusing journey since 9/4.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Big Red, I think a not small number of customers are hoping to learn if anything has changed regarding notification of ones random number, as outlined in the "ADDITIONAL CMP 1911 DETAILS" section of the 1911 webpage. Specifically #7 "The customerís sequence number will be sent to the individual via email once such sequence number is established." We know now that customers have begun to be contacted to pick grade and give payment info, but is there someone actively working on emailing the numbers to folks so they have an idea of how far out their place may be?

It really wasn't clarified in the admin's thread "Rng process", and would be good to know if the 1911 info page is still accurate.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...98&postcount=1
Now that is a good clarification...
At this time, they have not yet sent out any emails notifying anyone of their actual sequence number.
They certainly do plan on doing that once they get through this first batch of pistols that are ready for shipment. Additionally, and related to that, they have some other external programmatic demands that are coming up soon, for which they have to prepare and will take time.

But, as previously noted, including the sources you provide, there is NO set date or milestone that has ever been set for that to happen.
It is understandable that people would assume it would happen in quick succession, but remember there are 17,000+ order packets...even if they dedicated their time to only sending out those emails, it would still take quite a bit of time.

But, I do understand the concern about customer's receiving their number and knowing where they are in the queue, so to speak.
I can assure you updated information will be posted as soon as I can get it.

Regards,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544