Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM

I earned 26 of my 36 EIC points with a VXR in 2016. Scope was updated with M1 turrets and parallax set at 300 yards. Firedot circle reticle. Never gave me any discernible issues.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 PM

Turns out that Bobby in the Leupold custom shop was "optimistic". My custom SR scope has disappeared back into the custom shop without a trace. My new plan is to dispute the original purchase on my CC and go back to using the old Leupold Mark AR 1-4x20 that served me so well for the last couple of seasons. Sounds like Leupold are victims of their own success... sales ^ and quality v!

Last edited by Zut; 02-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:41 AM

Update on my Leupold custom shop scope. Sill no word from Leupold. They are not returning e-mails or phone calls. My credit card company has agreed to place the purchase in dispute until we hear something. Very disappointing.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Credit where credit is due... I got a very nice phone call from Leupold's engineering manager, who apologized for all the delays and confusion. My custom scope showed up a week or so later and looks very good. Sure enough, Leupold is very busy and service and support are having a tough time keeping up with sales. As my late father used to say, good problems for a business to have. Sounds like Leupold are working on a couple of fixed 4 power optics designed specifically for service rifle competition.

Last edited by Zut; 03-06-2019 at 05:33 PM.