Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 04:11 PM

Exclamation Shipping 1911's to FFL

Ok people listen up, everyone threw a fit when we first said we would not take "table top FFLs", so we said ok we would. Well we have shipped around 100 pistols so far and we have 9 being returned as undeliverable or no one at place of business. One place was only opened on Tuesdays from 4pm - 7pm which is outside Fedex delivery times. If the pistols are undeliverable they have to be returned to us with in 24 hours. If this happens we will attempt to contact the purchaser and the purchaser will have to pay to have the pistol sent to another FFL that operates during normal business hours, or we will refund your money. We had one person contact Fedex after receiving their shipping information and had the pistol placed on hold so they could pick it up on Saturday without going through an FFL. FYI this is against the law and if this happens we will contact ATF.
We have had several calls from FFLs stating we must notify them before shipping to them or they will not accept the firearms. Once you are notified you must let your FFL know to expect the pistol. With 19,000 FFLs we are not able to look at everyone before shipment.
THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE CMP 1911 will pay to ship only once.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM

Default Calling My FFL Right Now

I'm calling mine right now to make sure he will accept without pre-notice. I'm sure he will and they are open 6 days a week but calling anyway.

I hope everyone does the same if necessary. This is one sure way for a nay-saying politician to close down the program.

Sorry CMP1911Admin. Thanks for the heads-up!

FOLLOW-UP: I just called my shop and everyone that works there can sign from FEDEX, etc, they don't need pre-notice and can run the background checks. One less obstacle for me!

Last edited by ozarkmac; 11-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:31 PM

A real shame to hear of pistols being returned....
Old 11-15-2018, 04:43 PM

Yeah, that sounds like a sure way for some politico to say the program doesn't work. You have to expect some hiccups implementing a new program. If you look at it rationally a less than 10% failure rate sounds pretty good to me.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:53 PM

I’m capable of giving any of the 9 a loving home.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:05 PM

If I got a shipping notice, I would automatically let my FFL know whether I was told or not. Hopefully the glitch where notices weren't being sent has been fixed.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Ok people listen up, everyone threw a fit when we first said we would not take "table top FFLs", so we said ok we would. Well we have shipped around 100 pistols so far and we have 9 being returned as undeliverable or no one at place of business. One place was only opened on Tuesdays from 4pm - 7pm which is outside Fedex delivery times. If the pistols are undeliverable they have to be returned to us with in 24 hours. If this happens we will attempt to contact the purchaser and the purchaser will have to pay to have the pistol sent to another FFL that operates during normal business hours, or we will refund your money. We had one person contact Fedex after receiving their shipping information and had the pistol placed on hold so they could pick it up on Saturday without going through an FFL. FYI this is against the law and if this happens we will contact ATF.
We have had several calls from FFLs stating we must notify them before shipping to them or they will not accept the firearms. Once you are notified you must let your FFL know to expect the pistol. With 19,000 FFLs we are not able to look at everyone before shipment.
THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE CMP 1911 will pay to ship only once.
If the first slew were being shipped without any notifications going out to the effect of the shipment, this is not at all surprising. Not “everyone” threw a fit. Some of us who live out in the sticks only have the so called table top FFLs withing a reasonable distance. I would have hated to be one of those who were not contected by cmp1911 regarding shipping happening and had a pistol missed as a result.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
If the first slew were being shipped without any notifications going out to the effect of the shipment, this is not at all surprising. Not “everyone” threw a fit. Some of us who live out in the sticks only have the so called table top FFLs withing a reasonable distance. I would have hated to be one of those who were not contected by cmp1911 regarding shipping happening and had a pistol missed as a result.
No joke. I am a "table top FFL" and have always gotten a shipping notice from either UPS or FED Ex when something is on it's way. My hours are late in the day as well but my delivery guys know my phone number.

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 PM

My FFL knows mine is coming but the winter storm has slowed everything to a crawl in the north western part of Virginia. Are the shipments overnight or two day?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 PM

All shipments are overnight.
Closed Thread