Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 PM

My FFL is only closed on Sundays and Mondays so this should not be a problem
Old 11-15-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstout View Post
No joke. I am a "table top FFL" and have always gotten a shipping notice from either UPS or FED Ex when something is on it's way. My hours are late in the day as well but my delivery guys know my phone number.
Seems true for FedEx, at least. Just this week my FFL took delivery of a pistol (not from CMP) for me. Both of us received an e-mail from FedEx indicating when it would be delivered.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
If the first slew were being shipped without any notifications going out to the effect of the shipment, this is not at all surprising. Not “everyone” threw a fit. Some of us who live out in the sticks only have the so called table top FFLs withing a reasonable distance. I would have hated to be one of those who were not contected by cmp1911 regarding shipping happening and had a pistol missed as a result.
FedEx/UPS both have free shipment managers that alert you when a package has been originated to ship to your designated address. I’m surprised they’re shipping to FFL’s that don’t keep business hours and may not be home to sign for it.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 PM

I'm new to the term but I'm assuming "table top FFL" means someone part-time, like my guy?

Not sure what I can do at this point, I get notifications from FedEx and UPS but he would be the one getting the firearm not me, sure hope I'm not screwed

I was very calm all this time until I read this. cmp1911admin any advice? Sorry, I'm an ignorant newbie just looking to get one of these to honor my dad RIP...
Old 11-15-2018, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the info. If my number comes up will alert my FFL. They're open every day but Sunday and Monday.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:26 PM

cmp1911admin:

If no one answers at the delivery address, does FedEx make the normal 3 attempts to deliver? When does the 24 hours to return start, after the 3rd attempt?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-15-2018, 11:54 PM

My FFL is closed Monday and Tuesday. He’s open 10 AM-6 PM Wednesday-Friday and 10-3 Saturday. Is this going to be a problem if I’m lucky enough to be chosen to receive one ? If so is there anything that I can do ?

Thank You CMP for the update on this issue !!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 AM

Once the package is assigned to the driver for delivery for that day if at the end of the day it is not delivered and returned to the hub it is then returned to CMP. They are not allowed to keep the pistol overnight at the hub/station. This is to keep down the possibly of theft.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Once the package is assigned to the driver for delivery for that day if at the end of the day it is not delivered and returned to the hub it is then returned to CMP. They are not allowed to keep the pistol overnight at the hub/station. This is to keep down the possibly of theft.
So only one delivery attempt. That will be tough even with a lot of "storefront" FFL's. I guess I'm surprised that only 9 out of 100 were returned so far.

Dave
Old 11-16-2018, 08:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODCMP View Post
So only one delivery attempt. That will be tough even with a lot of "storefront" FFL's. I guess I'm surprised that only 9 out of 100 were returned so far.

Dave

+1. Wow. Now I am worried and I thought I had absolutely nothing to worry about.
Closed Thread