Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODCMP View Post
So only one delivery attempt. That will be tough even with a lot of "storefront" FFL's. I guess I'm surprised that only 9 out of 100 were returned so far.

Dave
Might depend where you live. If the driver doesnt roam far, or is near the FFL address later in the day, he may attempt a couple of times in the same day. If he covers a huge area, less likely.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Once the package is assigned to the driver for delivery for that day if at the end of the day it is not delivered and returned to the hub it is then returned to CMP. They are not allowed to keep the pistol overnight at the hub/station. This is to keep down the possibly of theft.
Oh my... the plot thickens! My guy is full time but it's just him. He's gone for lunch, when he has to plow snow, take a leak, etc. He's definitely good for closing early on slow days too. Plus FedEx in my area is really difficult to deal with, the hub is almost an hour away and the driver's follow all the rules. When getting firearms shipped to my house, I get a notification it's coming and I just pay for evening delivery every time. My guy doesn't do computers or smart phones though so... ... ... I guess it is what it is. This just adds to the humorous excitement!
Old 11-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Don't have a number yet, so not a pending issue... but my FFL is closed Monday, Tuesday, and Fridays. WED and THUR they open at 12. How can I ensure CMP1911 ships where the FFL can receive on one of the open days?
Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 AM

Maybe find another FFL that has normal business hours or check to see if your FFL has a relation ship with Fedex driver and they know when to deliver or can contact him to let him know they have a firearm to deliver??????
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
My FFL is closed Monday and Tuesday. Hes open 10 AM-6 PM Wednesday-Friday and 10-3 Saturday. Is this going to be a problem if Im lucky enough to be chosen to receive one ? If so is there anything that I can do ?

Thank You CMP for the update on this issue !!
Those are pretty typical hours of business for a lot of gun shops. Depending on the level of service, the delivery attempt can come way too early.

I don't know what CMP is using, but often I use the "FedEx Standard Overnight", which is supposed to ensure the package is delivered the next afternoon, not "First Overnight" (delivery by 0930) or "Priority Overnight" (delivery by 1030) to assure it doesn't arrive too early.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:38 AM

Snow delay here, does that mean it's going back to Anniston?
Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfa View Post
Maybe find another FFL that has normal business hours or check to see if your FFL has a relation ship with Fedex driver and they know when to deliver or can contact him to let him know they have a firearm to deliver??????
Yup, This^^^

There is good reason to work with someone who does more than just a couple of days a week. There is way to much freaking out over this. ALL handguns are shipped overnight, and dealt with the same way by all shippers and dealers. This is probably not the first time that your dealer has received a handgun. This is probably not the first time that the carrier has delivered one.

Or just ignore this and keep freaking out. Or bash me. I teach high school, so believe me I am fine with either. Yes my name is in the hat, no I don't have my number yet, yes my dealers hours are 2pm till 6pm M-F. And yet somehow he is able to receive shipments.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM

I am thinking along the lines of changing mine he does get shipments. He is a regular gun store, older gentleman I think he is getting ready to retire, his hours are Wednesday to Friday 11am until 6pm.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 AM

Default What, me worry?

And here, all this time, I have been worried about homelessness, nuclear proliferation, Governor election in GA, cost of my dark rum, cold weather, and now you folks [not the CMP!] have me worried about FedEx, even though I am retired, almost always at home, and have a wonderful non-sexual relationship with my FedEx driver..who is also a firearms enthusiast. And, the FedEx hub is only 3 miles down the road from me, so if I am in the whizzer I can see the note on the door and drive over toward the end of day and get the package.
It is too bad that the CMP1911 group must follow and abide by certain rules established by others [Army/ATF/Etc.] but folks, that's the way it is.
I understand the anguish, but that's life.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW56 View Post
Handguns travel between FFL dealers via USPS Priority Mail which is not overnight. They might easily spend three days or longer in USPS transit. Common carriers Fed EX and UPS require overnight shipping in their own rules. I don't believe BATFE has statutory regulations requiring shipping handguns overnight but I am always willing to learn.
I don't know what FedEx requires of their customers when shipping handguns but they certainly don't have a problem with them sitting around their hubs for multiple days. The one I got last week was shipped on a Friday, was in the local FedEx hub on Saturday, not delivered until Tuesday (Monday a holiday).