Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2019, 06:35 AM

Default Current inventory, possible trip

Hey everyone, I'm looking to head to the North Store this week or next week to get what will probably be my last Garands and possibly a 1903. I want to get a rifle for both of my children in hopes that when they get old enough they will enjoy my passion for these pieces of history.

I was wondering if anyone has been there since the last update or if anyone is going this week. It's about a 7 hour trip for me, so I want to go when they have a good inventory to choose from. I'm looking to get an IHC or Winchester (whatever grade is available) and any decent SG or FG. If anyone goes, please let me know if what they currently have is worth the trip there. Thanks guys!
Old 02-28-2019, 07:25 AM

Call them and ask.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Since they just received a truck two weeks ago, I doubt you will see another anytime soon.
Your best bet is to call the store for what is available. If you call, ask if there is a limit on the number of Garands you can buy per day. When I was there I believe there was a one Garand limit and a one per year on the 1903A3's.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/north-store/

Last edited by Shomway; 02-28-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Since they just received a truck two weeks ago, I doubt you will see another anytime soon.
Your best bet is to call the store for what is available. If you call, ask if there is a limit on the number of Garands you can buy per day. When I was there I believe there was a one Garand limit and a one per year on the 1903A3's.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/north-store/
What it a one Garand limit or one Garand limit per manufacture grade? For example, could you buy one Field Grade IHC and one SA/HRA Special?
Old 02-28-2019, 10:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten View Post
What it a one Garand limit or one Garand limit per manufacture grade? For example, could you buy one Field Grade IHC and one SA/HRA Special?
When I was there I wasn't shopping for a Garand but thought they were limiting the Service Grades they just received. Have seen this limit before as they try to spread them out to more people. Considering they had almost a full rack of Specials, I doubt that they were limited.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:20 PM

It was 1 service grade SA limiy per visit. One 1903 a year when I was there on Feb. 16. I would call on the 1903.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:28 PM

I did call, no 1903ís and they only have special grades and field grade IGCs in stock. Itís going to be one of the only times I get to go though so Iím struggling with whether to go and pick out the special grade I want and take my chances on a mail order SG, or just do a mail order for both.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.swider777 View Post
I did call, no 1903ís and they only have special grades and field grade IGCs in stock. Itís going to be one of the only times I get to go though so Iím struggling with whether to go and pick out the special grade I want and take my chances on a mail order SG, or just do a mail order for both.
Iíd make the drive. Iíve seen some cool specials there including 5 and 6 digit serial numbers. Some have nice deep stampings and some not so nice. Go pick what you like if the chance is there. If nothing grabs your eye then go luck of the draw mail order. Just my two cents. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.swider777 View Post
My opinion is that if I drove 7 hours to the north store, I would be disappointed.
Unless you want a Sniper M1.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 PM

I was there today at 1:00 to 2:00.
No 1903 or A3, they did have an empty and marked rack.
No SG except M1C, in both SA and WRA.
RG in M1D, one SA with 174XXX serial. Too rough for me to buy.
LOTS Specials in both .308 and 30-06. Mostly SA, but also IHC.
20 or so FG IHC, between 4.2 and 5.6 serial.
Frankly, I was disappointed. Drove 8 hrs round and empty handed, but did the right thing....