Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2020, 11:29 PM

Default DCM rifle sale records available?

I purchased a DCM Garand from a friend a couple of years ago. His father qualified for it around 1980 give or take a few years. Does CMP have access to sales records of DCM rifles? I would very much like to purchase a replacement certificate for this rifle.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 AM

You can’t buy a replacement certificate but for $25 the CMP will research the serial number and send you a letter that states when the CMP or DCM sold it. Look at the CMP website for how to contact the CMP for this service.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:58 AM

CMP records are only complete from 1996 to now, previous DCM records are very incomplete. Still worth a try
Old 01-10-2020, 03:31 PM

Very hard to get old DCM records i tried on several rifles i purchased
Old 01-10-2020, 04:04 PM

I recently applied for this service. I received a nice letter from the CMP for my DCM sales M1 Garand saying that the records showed it had been sold on March 3,1994. They also sent me a photocopy of the computer record with the original owners name blacked out. Well worth the $25 in my opinion!
Old 01-12-2020, 11:27 PM

Thanks to all who replied, I will move ahead and submit $25.00 to the CMP.

The rifle in question has sentimental value to me as it was the first Garand I handled and shot.

It was earned by the father of a great high school friend, who is a Korean war USMC tank commander veteran. He used my Mini 14 in the required match. Upon the return to me of the Mini 14 he opined it was a a piece of s#!& (crap). He qualified for the M1 rifle with it though!

This rifle was purchased from him in a time of (his) financial need, and I was honored to help this veteran. His family did a lot for me in my teens.

It will be listed for sale in the not too distant future, although in different furniture. It was delivered to me in a very attractive stock, which has been heavily sanded and varnished. I am unsure if this was the original stock the rifle shipped with.

Thank you again for the input.