Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM

So is there any news as to if these are beginning to be imported yet? Is the Obama administration backpedaling?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by crtodd View Post
So is there any news as to if these are beginning to be imported yet? Is the Obama administration backpedaling?
troublemaker gotta keep it going huh
Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy85 View Post
If i really wanted to cause trouble then i would have posted that on the Ask Orest thread! HAHAHA! Now that would have steamed some folks. I just want to know when i can start hitting my local big box stores in search of some M1's.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 PM

According to U.S. Senator Rand Paul, in an e-mail I recieved five minutes ago, President Obama has quietly banned the importation of the Korean M1 rifles. No further information was given,so I can't tell you anything more about it.

Last edited by rifle21; 06-12-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Otter Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy85 View Post
RELAX, geeze !! Bob
Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle21 View Post
According to U.S. Senator Rand Paul, in an e-mail I recieved five minutes ago, President Obama has quietly banned the importation of the Korean M1 rifles. No further information was given,so I can't tell you anything more about it.
That Rand Paul deal has been floating around for almost 2 years. This horse is starting to smell pretty bad.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle21 View Post
I get this email about every 5 minutes.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
Korean garand threads have been merged together, Link. Please do not start new threads pertaining to the same subject.

From the man himself:

All Korean threads from now all will be merged into this thread. Up to you if you want to sort through the rumor mill. No reason to have this spread over 6 forums and 22 different threads.

I thank you all in advance for your understanding.

-GitM
The page cannot be found

AND HAS IT BEEN DETERMINED THAT THESE ARE NOT STILL DOD WEAPONS, BY ANYONE???

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on /09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?

Last edited by ACampComLegacy; 06-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Yawn!

Now that the enabling steps have been taken, it is now obvious the Koreans have and have always had an unrealistic idea of their value. No importer can deal with them!

By the way, the State Departments of the last four previous administrations considered reimportation of MAP (Military Aid Program) firearms a treaty violation and so on, and yes, that includes Reagan and both Bushes. But now...no one can make a deal, anyway.

So all that sturm and drang for two decades was wasted wind.

Last edited by jimthompson502002; 06-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Default Obama Creates Executive Order Barring Reimportation of Military-Grade Weapons by Privateers

Pulled this from AP's website today:

POWERS LIMITED, OBAMA, BIDEN SEEK ACTION ON GUNS
By JOSH LEDERMAN
Aug. 29 5:44 PM EDT

"WASHINGTON (AP) Months after gun control efforts crumbled in Congress, Vice President Joe Biden stood shoulder to shoulder Thursday with the attorney general and the top U.S. firearms official and declared the Obama administration would take two new steps to curb American gun violence..."

"...One new policy will bar military-grade weapons that the U.S. sells or donates to allies from being imported back into the U.S. by private entities. In the last eight years, the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to come back to the U.S., the White House said, arguing that some end up on the streets. From now on, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms.

"The ban will largely affect antiquated, World War II-era weapons that, while still deadly, rarely turn up at crime scenes, leaving some to question whether the new policy is much ado about nothing.

"Banning these rifles because of their use in quote-unquote crimes is like banning Model Ts because so many of them are being used as getaway cars in bank robberies," said Ed Woods, a 47-year-old from the Chico area of northern California..."

Reference:
Associated Press (2013). Retrieved from http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-ex...-control-steps

Has anyone EVER heard of an M-1 Garand, or an M-1 Carbine being used in a robbery, home invasion, car hijacking, mugging, or any other violent crime?? These two "leaders" make me wanna yak... just plain pathetic.

SGM