Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Ebay Gas Plugs, trust?

I stumbled across these, wondering if anyone here has used them? I don't want to be cheap, but if they work equally as well as the $40 plugs at Garand Gear, I'm in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-garand-po...3D291576088067
Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 AM

I don't know this part, probably a great part - but i collect lugers and everytime I hear someone say - but the repro loading tool (looks like a small screwdriver), the repro is so cheap, I can buy 3 or 4 of them compared to a real one!

well, there is a reason one is better - and the other bends when I try to take out a stubborn screw from a grip...
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
Old 02-14-2017, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Bought one of the Garand Gear plugs years ago when I first started, and its been sitting in my parts box since.
Shoot the proper M1 ammo and there will be no need for either gas plug.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:38 AM

I was always curious why the BM59 uses a ported gas plug similar to the ones made by Garand Gear. I took it one step further and drilled a port hole in mine similar to the mod done to the M14. Tamed my BM59's recoil and violent cycling without sacrificing reliability.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:48 AM

Also Garand Gear has spent a lot of time researching and testing the product. The 1/4" square drive is the better easy to tighten and loosen the gas plug. Myself, considering all the money I have spent in milsurps, another $20 won't kill me to get the what seems to be the better product.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:41 PM

Creedmoor Sports has the Schuster Overbored Gas Plug for M-1 Garands for $21.95. This is the non-adjustable model. You just put in on and shoot. It will also fit the M-5 bayonet which some other ones will not. I bought mine from them because of their relationship with CMP.

Not to start this thing all over again, but if you choose to use one, they work really well, I have had no problems using them on M-1 Garands both in 30.06 and .308. I don't use them all the time, but they work for me and come from a known manufacturer.

Please Note: Having a senior moment, to be fair, I forgot to say that I have bought and used the Garand Gear model as well, it worked just as well as the model sold by Creedmoor.

HTH.

Last edited by GM1MAN; 02-14-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:14 PM

^^ That looks like a winner, thanks!
Old 02-18-2017, 07:28 PM

With the Creedmoor Sports model, it is slightly different. As in alittle less open space than the Garandgear plug. Does this make any difference no idea.