Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Sanlanman Sanlanman is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
Back in 2015 at the GCA Convention I visited a little with Orest. He told me of the possible pending transfer of the rifles from the Philippines. The bad thing is it is thought that up to a third of these rifles will be "junk". The mention of Turkish rifles is something I hadn't heard.
So, I would believe that a lot of those Philippines rifles would end up as refinished CMP specials.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Nodak71 Nodak71 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlanman View Post
So, I would believe that a lot of those Philippines rifles would end up as refinished CMP specials.
Very possible, most likely field grade specials. Also maybe some of these would be so bad as to be just parts, who knows. Stands to reason with probably less than ideal storage in a tropical environment.
__________________
NRA Life Member
GCA
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 PM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
Very possible, most likely field grade specials. Also maybe some of these would be so bad as to be just parts, who knows. Stands to reason with probably less than ideal storage in a tropical environment.
Used hard also.
__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 PM
krdomingue krdomingue is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 516
Default

She had initially said 86 thousand form the Philippines, but when I asked her about Turkey, she said that 2 thousand of the 86 thousand would come from Turkey. Really only token amount. They are suppose to have a lot more.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:19 AM
colemanw colemanw is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 641
Default

Have you guys been keeping up on the state of relations lately between the Philippines and the US?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 AM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
She had initially said 86 thousand form the Philippines, but when I asked her about Turkey, she said that 2 thousand of the 86 thousand would come from Turkey. Really only token amount. They are suppose to have a lot more.
The Turks hate to let anything go. Used to have a Turkish private ride shotgun on the shuttle bus to work with an M1A1 Thompson - in '89.
__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Nodak71 Nodak71 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanw View Post
Have you guys been keeping up on the state of relations lately between the Philippines and the US?
It might be some better now after last Jan 20th. Think I saw mention of a "cordial" conversation between the two leaders.
__________________
NRA Life Member
GCA
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-08-2017, 05:12 AM
siopao46 siopao46 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: VENTURA, CA
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7177 View Post
Is there any possibility that a new supply of service grade rifles will be available?
They were available last Sept 2016 (only for one month.). I just got two beautiful service grade this month of Feb 2017 after 6 months waiting. They were Springfield rebuild with glass bedding. I can not believe that CMP still got some beautiful M1.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-08-2017, 05:32 AM
siopao46 siopao46 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: VENTURA, CA
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
I as in the AMC class last week and were told that they are currently working on getting 86,000 rifles; 84,000 from the Philippines and about 2,000 from Turkey, but if they do get them, it will be about a year out and will most likely run out of their current supply before it happens.
What you were told, I hope well come true. M1 coming from the Philippines will be worse than the one came from South Korea.My guess, they will be all "FIELD GRADE", rusty, parts missing or mixed and stocks cracks. Only Springfield and Winchester were send during the war. I have seen how the Filipinos missed treat this M1.The worse cinereous will be, that CMP will have a lot a receivers to build M1.

Last edited by siopao46; 02-08-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Hunter Mag Hunter Mag is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
Back in 2015 at the GCA Convention I visited a little with Orest. He told me of the possible pending transfer of the rifles from the Philippines. The bad thing is it is thought that up to a third of these rifles will be "junk". The mention of Turkish rifles is something I hadn't heard.
Most likely true. It's very humid in the Philippines and I can't imagine those rifles being kept in air conditioning for 40 to 70 years.
__________________
Member GOA,ISRA
Before iTrader removal 105 feedback @ 100% positive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.