Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 04:32 PM

I don't care whatever this how long it takes just tell me when I can write you a check and send off my paperwork that's all I care about
Garand collectors asso#31922
Frank A ,U.S.ARMY retired
3/3/33 ARMOR The MEN OF WAR
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
100% Service-Connected Disabled Veteran.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:54 PM

My 2, for what it's worth:

If you check the forum a few times a week and click "New Posts" when you log in, I promise you, you will know when the 1911s are here.

I'll bet that within minutes of 1911s available for sale, or even shortly after a CMP announcement confirming that sales will commence in the near future, that the forum will blow up with new posts (including wild speculation as to price, how soon the year's allotment of 10,000 will sell out with one per customer, condition and desirability of the grades, etc.)

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:02 PM

The best thing to is to keep your club membership current and wait. What else can you do but be a pita.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 PM

The most current info I know from the CMP concerning the M1911's, was offered by Mark Johnson about a month ago in Vermont at the New England Games, he said, "There is no new info on when the CMP will receive the 1911's". He also said that the CMP is going ahead with obtaining it's FFL so that when the pistols are released, they're ready to roll. I thought that was encouraging to hear.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 10-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
Wow, that is old news. Sportsman Club might be behind in their news. Hope you don't spend any money to belong to Sportsman Club???

It is true, but changing by the year. Might even change in January again.

Agreed and sums it up pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I just received this e-mail from the Sportsman Club my wife and I belong to.

Is this true or are they confused?

GuapoPogi
Doug,
Understand your curiosity given this came from a CMP-affiliated club. In short, that is very old info covered last year.
With changes already looming for the subsequent year NDAA, as well as the events of this year and the sensitivity of this topic, even the current NDAA and 1911 program is in question.

As the good 1ST SGT mentions above, highly recommend you contact the club about sending outdated info.

And defintely much gnashing of teeth/hash from your post, NONE of which was needed and could've been used to answer your post in far fewer words and emotions.
So, if folks can't directly answer a question, stay out of the thread

We left this one thread up to give folks an outlet for 1911-related discussion/concerns, with the understanding info will be limited and no political water cooler type talk. But it's about run its course given many redundant posts, politics and exchanges such as this.

ETA: Going to lock it down pending review for relevancy.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 10-14-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Pending review
Old 07-15-2017, 12:37 PM

Default I'm sure everyone saw this?

Movement on the 1911 possibility?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...e-of-2018-ndaa
Old 09-28-2017, 12:11 PM
CMP Chief Operating Officer

We are waiting patiently and quietly to see how the NDAA 2018 turns out. All prescribed steps have been taken by CMP to fulfill the mandated requirements for receipt of the 1911s from the United States Army. CMP is in a constant state of readiness...
Old 12-05-2017, 11:49 AM

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions further clarified:

1. Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.
2. All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.
3. Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5)a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.
4. A NICS background check will be performed by CMP on the customer to assure the customer is eligible to purchase prior to shipment to the FFL licensed dealer. The customer must receive a “proceed” from NICS prior to shipment of the pistol to the FFL licensed dealer.
5. The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person at the FFL dealers place of business, successfully passing a NICS check performed by the FFL holder, before the pistol can be transferred. This is a second NICS check performed on the customer.
6. Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.
7. No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.
8. CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.
9. Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.
10. Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
11. Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.
12. The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.
13. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
14. When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.
15. As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Note: 1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license. BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a “store front” FFL dealer. Each customer purchasing a 1911 type pistol from CMP will be subjected to two NICS background checks, one performed by CMP and the other performed by the FFL dealer the pistol is being shipped to.
Old Today, 09:55 AM

We will have an all new order form, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send there FFL with customer name attached. The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to CMP. All of this makes the audit trail clear and easy for Congress to look at concerning sells of the 1911.