Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
That is a huge, gaping 'OPSEC' violation. Seriously. Why would anybody advertise the fact that they own firearms in a public forum? Care to be burgled or robbed?
I quit listing anything in the CMP forums as a result of this ill-conceived rule, and will not use them as long as it stands - and I advise everybody else to abstain as well.

Eli
You might burgle me, but you will regret trying to rob me. I try not to get to worked up by stuff like this. The odds of a crook going to the effort to troll this forum to pick me out as a likely candidate to rob, is pretty small.

The rule is in place, ill-conceived or not, to attempt to reduce fraud. It appear to work. I have made numerous purchases without ever taking a loss.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM

My Mother's maiden name was "Razus" and now my brother found out via DNA tests that wer are 2% Jewish. I wasn't aware that was possible!
Old 02-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Oye Ve!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
My Mother's maiden name was "Razus" and now my brother found out via DNA tests that wer are 2% Jewish. I wasn't aware that was possible!
That number is a bit fuzzy. We each have two parents, four grandparents, etc. If one grandparent had a grandparent that was 1/4 Jewish, that would be 1/4 of 1/4 of 1/4 or 1/64, less than the 1/50 your 2% means. Lots of possible ways to get to 2%.

Oh. That applies to your brother and probably to you, but you'll never know. I had my DNA tested two years ago and some of my matches are surprises to say the least.

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Old 02-01-2017, 08:09 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
You might burgle me, but you will regret trying to rob me. I try not to get to worked up by stuff like this. The odds of a crook going to the effort to troll this forum to pick me out as a likely candidate to rob, is pretty small.

The rule is in place, ill-conceived or not, to attempt to reduce fraud. It appear to work. I have made numerous purchases without ever taking a loss.
Having had people calling my house in attempts to terrorize my family, and false complaints made to supervisors, I prefer my anonymity.

Eli