Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2017, 10:37 AM

Default Logging on Issues

Hello:

What do I need to do to fix the constant logging on issues?
I repeatedly am challenged to log on or once logged on if I navigate to another page it will drop me and challenge me to again log on?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM

I've been fighting the exact same issues for about 10 days. I wonder if joining Tapatalk had anything to do with it. I sent an email to Ghost and got a reply finally yesterday. He said he manually reset my password to what I requested & also mentioned they are "working out some server updates that will also update the forum." I just now logged on to my desktop and I'm back in thankfully.
You might try emailing him @
jhall@thecmp.org
Be patient, I think he's buried with these issues. Keep the faith brother! I know how frustrating this is
Old 02-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Trouble With Logging In

I have to log in for every forum is there a problem with the Web Site sometimes i log in the site says i am on and i am not

Thank You for your help with this matter
Old 02-12-2017, 12:13 AM

This seems to be an intermittent problem. A few weeks ago someone suggested checking "Remember Me" when signing in to remedy the problem. That seemed to work for me. Yesterday I tried logging in without that step and had no problem. Today, I had to hit the "Remember Me" to log in.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:20 PM

These sorts of problems might be related to cookies. Websites "remember" your login info through the use of cookies - small bits of data collected by your web browser and stored on your machine. If you're running any sort of clean-up utility that removes cookies from your computer, then you'll need to login every time you visit the site. If you're using McAfee, Norton, Avast, CCleaner, or other similar programs this could be causing your issue. If that's the problem, you can add the CMP site to your trusted sites (or exception list - different programs call them different things) to possibly avoid the constant cookie removal.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

I have always logged on using the remember me option and have never had a problem. I also have McAfee.
Larry G.
LIVE FREE OR DIE
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

I had constant log in issues this year, up until about 2 weeks ago.

I couldn't edit my posts, either, half the time. I also could not post even though my status was 'logged in' and my name was in the upper right of every page. Sometimes I'd log in successfully, get the "you do not have permission to perform this action" error, and log in again. I tried 'remember me', no dice.

Now everything is fine for me. You know what I did? Nothing. One day it mysteriously just worked. I suspect an ISP problem in my case.

Many suggestions were made in the thread I made about it, maybe one might help you:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=202616

Last edited by Chris_B; Yesterday at 12:12 PM.