X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nmCollector
    • Dec 2009

Looking for Ideas to Improve Android NM Collector

Many of you know I have companion collector apps for the Android platform. Well, I have neglected them for years and have decided to take some time to upgrade them.

As I was exploring the latest capabilities of the Android platform, it occurred to me that map integration might be useful for the addresses. I constantly forget the locations of people and places that I have purchased things from and it might be useful to have my Android app route a path for me based on an address that I recorded for a receipt or disposition.

What suggestions do you have?

Thanks,
    Last edited by nmCollector; 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM. Reason: fixed incorrect statement - pictures do import automatically
    Clay Pryor
    nmCollector.net LLC
  • 762x51
    • May 2015

ATF Approved?

Is your software ATF approved for use as a C&R license bound book?

Comment

• nmCollector
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by 762x51 View Post
      Is your software ATF approved for use as a C&R license bound book?
      As of this writing, the requirements for an electronic bound book can be found here: (https://www.atf.gov/files/regulation...ing-2007-1.pdf)? For various reasons, but mostly the first requirement, I chose not to implement them with my NM Collector Software.

Instead, I provide a report that prints your data in the required format. You can then use these print outs for your bound book. It also provides a paper backup of your data should you lose your electronic records.

Here is the definition of a bound book: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-bound-book
      A “bound book” is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations, and the pages must be numbered consecutively.

[27 CFR 478.121 and 478.125]
      Thanks
      Last edited by nmCollector; 05-20-2016, 09:28 PM.
      Clay Pryor
      nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• Trooper82
        • Jan 2010

I have just begun to use the program but I haven't seen any way to sort the data yet. Is there an option for sorting?

Comment

• Bwcritch
          • Jul 2012

I agree about sorting. Provided I have not yet explored all the goodies your program offers, but so far I have not seen a way to search for something, like all Garands or everything shoots 22LR.
          Feedback here

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....light=bwcritch

Comment

• nmCollector
            • Dec 2009

Thanks for trying out NM Collector!

So, this is a discussion for the Android version which has a big sort button and a magnifying glass for search on the first screen. However, I think you guys are talking about the desktop version.

For the desktop version, you all might want to take a look at the statistics page. Here you can sort on any column by clicking the title of the column. Once you find what you are looking for you can double click on the item you are interested in and it will open the edit screens for that item.

Also, you can use the "find" button on the main page to find any item in the list. One last thing, you can manually sort your items in the tree by dragging and dropping them from one location to another.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
            Clay Pryor
            nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

• Trooper82
              • Jan 2010

Clay, apologies for posting off-topic! And thanks for the quick and helpful reply, I'll try to stay in the correct topic in the future!

Comment

• Trooper82
                • Jan 2010

Can the Android version pull data from , for example, Dropbox so as I edit data on the desktop it will show up on my device?

Comment

• nmCollector
                  • Dec 2009

No problem posting to the wrong thread. I just wanted to be sure I was answering the right question.

You should be able to use drop box to synch your data but the process is not linked specifically to drop box so it is not automatic. More details here: https://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/...stedUsage.html

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
                  Clay Pryor
                  nmCollector.net LLC

Comment

Working...
                  X