Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC29 View Post
I am a moderator on the Gun Broker forums so I am biased to that site, but I really think that you get the same level (or more) of traffic over on the Gun Broker auctions as the other two sites combined.
There is no doubt. If I were a seller thats where I'd go.
They also have more stuff avaialable than the others - parts, ammo etc.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 AM

I think Gunbroker has more traffic than many of the other sites and with that being the case it represents the best indication of current prices. (If you look at items that get sold)

But be carful there are a lot of over priced stuff that does not sell.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM

Hi

Last week I tryed to register on Gunbroker and could not. My credit card billing address kept kicking out. You can not talk to anyone. You have to communicate via e-mail. They kept saying check the address and resubmit. Each time I resubmitted they charged me $1.00 on the same card they could not approve. I use the card all the time elsewhere and it has substantial balance. So now I owe gunbroker.com $5.00 and could not register with the same credit card they are charging. LOL

Harry
Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM

The major problem with Gunbroker is that nothing sells. The same overpriced stuff gets relisted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I could go on and on and for a moment, I thought I would..
Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
The major problem with Gunbroker is that nothing sells. The same overpriced stuff gets relisted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
That's the same guys that used to offer beat up remil Garands at the shows for $2500+, they're just to lazy to leave the house now.

Eli
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
That's the same guys that used to offer beat up remil Garands at the shows for $2500+, they're just to lazy to leave the house now.

I agree, if the item is priced right, the item will sell on gunbroker. I think there are some things a seller can do to increase the chances of a sale:
  • Make sure the title contains all variations of the keywords. For example, if you are sellling a Swiss K-31, you would put 'Swiss K-31 K31 Schmidt Rubin 7.5x55 1938 matching'. You need to do all you can to make it show up in searches.
  • Don't put a reserve. Start the price below what you want and let people bid it up.
  • Don't start at $0.01 since people sometimes sort by price and it would end up on the bottom.
  • Make sure the pictures are very good quality and you describe the item accurately and honestly.
  • Don't sell everything at once. You want to build a following and you want people to do a 'View Other Items' and have them start following you.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post

I could go on and on and for a moment, I thought I would..
That's the case for most of the items, I would say about 95% of the items fall into this group. So all the buyers just bid on the remaining 5% of practically priced items.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kleanbore 1
MTC29
Did you make some changes to the site? I used to be able to click on a box that gave you several choices like, highest price,highest number of bids,shortest time left, and several more. I don't see this anymore.

I am a forum moderator and don't have anything to do with the auction software but there is a new VERSION 4 software system up and running and while it added some new features it also eliminated others.

Look up at the upper right of the page and you'll see "USE VERSION 2" Click on that and it'll take you back to the older version. Like you, I much prefer the options provided by Version 2 to the "improvements" of Version 4.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 AM

I used to think AA was cheaper than GB, but lately I've seen more deals on GB. It may just be because of the shear number of auctions. I agree 100% about people listing the same overpriced stuff again and again.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM

Kleanbore, I can still sort. You click on the tiny little column titles to do the sorting.