Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2015, 07:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
Thanks ! This was an education for me also. Gary Cunningham aka bayonetman and a member of this forum has helped me and given me excellent information. His book "US Knife Bayonets & Scabbards" is a very well written book and has tons of information on all the US bayonets.

Here are some pics of the boxes and parts out of the packaged box

This is the packaged box and the numbers

This is the opened box and the scabbard and bayonet were packed separately

This is the sealed bayonet with all the part info

Gary was able to give me the bayonet info based on the stock numbers inside the bag of the bayonet. The scabbards are wrapped and packed into the box. I'm ready for another North Store trip. The scabbards are wrapped in paper and taped with masking tape. Very easy to open the box, check the scabbard and still leave the bayonet sealed.
Thanks! Looks like we got the exact same bayonet and scabbard as all my bayonet stock numbers match yours.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Thanks! Looks like we got the exact same bayonet and scabbard as all my bayonet stock numbers match yours.
I'm not sure how they picked the scabbards to pack with the bayonet and scabbard. I hope that you did receive that scabbard also. The bayonet is probably an Imperial.

Good Luck and have a Safe and Happy New Year !
Chas
Old 12-29-2015, 08:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
I'm not sure how they picked the scabbards to pack with the bayonet and scabbard. I hope that you did receive that scabbard also. The bayonet is probably an Imperial.

Good Luck and have a Safe and Happy New Year !
Chas
Yep, got the same one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Also picked up a M7 from the NS and has the same scabbard but without the leg tie.
Can someone educate me on what's so special or rare about this scabbard?
The box is dated 1/77.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:09 PM

Got excited about this thread as mine has the same label. Carefully opened the box and WOW! M8 scabbard identical to Chas100s. Very cool find.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Sorry, learning here. So is the reason why the metal part of the scabbard looks dirty is because it's from the 40's and thus not NOS?

I was perplexed when I first saw the pictures Chas, but I'm assuming after you mentioned 40's, that that is why they look .. not clean?
Old 01-06-2016, 11:29 PM

Default M8

Has anyone got an M8 scabbard from an E-store order or just at the North Store?
Old 01-07-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Thompson View Post
Sorry, learning here. So is the reason why the metal part of the scabbard looks dirty is because it's from the 40's and thus not NOS?

I was perplexed when I first saw the pictures Chas, but I'm assuming after you mentioned 40's, that that is why they look .. not clean?
The scabbard looks like it has never been issued. There is a white powdery substance on it (I've since cleaned it off) that gave it a sort of discolored look. This has been true in each that I have gotten. The backside of the throat looks like it was starting to get a tarnished look to it.

I have since opened (box only) all I've gotten and carefully removed the scabbard from the wrap, very lightly cleaned it and wrapped it back up. I've left the bayonet sealed.

Gary (bayonetman) suggest to do this to check for rusting and to keep the bayonet sealed. He can tell you the maker of the bayonet by the numbers inside the plastic that the bayonet is sealed in. This information is also in his book. This is up to the person of course but I see no value in not checking the scabbard as the bayonet and scabbard were separately packaged together sometime in the 70's anyway.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar View Post
Has anyone got an M8 scabbard from an E-store order or just at the North Store?
The one I received that had the M8 was from the NS. From the Estore they were all M8A1's. PWB or TWB