Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Not related to the for sale items...but, I have visited this museum and it is very cool!! They had the same SP Howitzer my dad served as gunner on in the 50's. He was thrilled to see the pictures. They also had a Panzer Mark IV...that was a static bunker in the Golan Height.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:29 AM

Love our military museums too. Haven't been to this one but to someday. I've been to the Patton Museum at Ft Knox, the Infantry Museum at Ft Benning and the MP, Engineer, and Chemical museums at Ft Wood. I think the neatest thing I've seen in all of them was the airborne K9 in the Infantry museum. They've got him in a parachute harness and talks about how they were used in combat. Really cool! Patton's personal pistols in Ft Knox comes in pretty close though.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:51 PM

Default AAF tank museum surplus sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkmac View Post
I wondered what cartridge those belts were. I guess they would work for M1 carbine 15 round mags, huh? Or not?

Also, what are some of the items under the table?

I think there were some carbine belts there, but the two I bought were Garand/1903 belts. They should be here next week (tracking says Tuesday but with the ice storm heading our way it's anybody's guess). I'll post some pictures when they come in. I didn't ask for any specifics, I figured at that price even if they're Greek or repro it's still a steal.

I asked about the stuff under the table. I saw some wood there that looked like handguard sets, but she said it was parts for stretchers or cots.

In response to some PM requests, here's the rest of their contact info. My apologies for not posting that earlier. I thought the Facebook page was openly viewable, I was mistaken. They're selling this stuff to fund some emergency building repairs, so it goes to a good cause and helps keep the museum open.

American Armoured Foundation, Inc.
3401 US Highway 29,
Danville, VA 24540
Call:434-836-5323 FAX: 434-836-3532
tankmuseum@gamewood.net
http://www.aaftankmuseum.com
Old 02-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Thanks again Brownac!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM

No problem. My friends call me Drew. Hope they have what you need. If they do I'd like to see some pictures when it comes in.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:46 PM

Will do Drew!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:52 PM

Unhappy

I was up there 3-4 years ago.
It was a weekday, and I was the only visitor.
Lots to see, but I wasn't made to feel welcome.
Signs all over the entrance about no CCW, and was interrupted several times as I was walking though. Wouldn't let me ask questions, just kept telling me "we have people who try to remove parts from the displays, and we always have them prosecuted".
I don't think I will go back, even though it is slightly more than an hour away.