Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2015, 11:18 PM

Default FedEx comes up weak

I ordered some bayonets and 1911 mags last week and CMP was lightning quick to get them out and even went FedEx overnight, like the same level of shipping as they use for rifles. I get the tracking where it is "no later than 10:30 am." Being two days before Christmas, I figure that is a bit optimistic for FedEx, especially considering my last rifle, being delivered around the Cyber Monday delivery time ended up being delivered around 11:30 am.

FedEx did not cease to disappoint this time around. We were planning on traveling, so I think it was cool my Christmas present to myself would arrive before we left, 10:30 comes and goes, nothing. I checked tracking, it had arrived in our town sometime before 9. Noon comes and goes, still nothing. We leave around 1:30 pm and still nothing at the door. I check the tracking, they didn't even put it on the truck until 11:59 am. I ask my brother to check on it on his way home so it isn't sitting out there forever, he calls me at 5 pm and says no joy. I check my tracking, still out for delivery. Sometime around 8 pm they changed the tracking to back at FedEx Terror Drome, with an estimated delivery of "no later than 10:30 am" tomorrow. Nothing in there about delivery attempted, and these usually don't require a signature for delivery (they can toss it on the porch and run).

I understand they are swamped right now, maybe a truck broke down, who knows. CMP went above and beyond and paid the bucks to ship it that way. Do your job (and this may be a FedEx corporate problem, not a driver problem, I'm sure drivers are busting their gas traps this time of year), attempt delivery, even if it is at 9 pm. I've been seeing the USPS out delivering still at 8 pm, too bad FedEx quits before the job is done.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I ordered some bayonets and 1911 mags last week and CMP was lightning quick to get them out and even went FedEx overnight, like the same level of shipping as they use for rifles. I get the tracking where it is "no later than 10:30 am." Being two days before Christmas, I figure that is a bit optimistic for FedEx, especially considering my last rifle, being delivered around the Cyber Monday delivery time ended up being delivered around 11:30 am.

FedEx did not cease to disappoint this time around. We were planning on traveling, so I think it was cool my Christmas present to myself would arrive before we left, 10:30 comes and goes, nothing. I checked tracking, it had arrived in our town sometime before 9. Noon comes and goes, still nothing. We leave around 1:30 pm and still nothing at the door. I check the tracking, they didn't even put it on the truck until 11:59 am. I ask my brother to check on it on his way home so it isn't sitting out there forever, he calls me at 5 pm and says no joy. I check my tracking, still out for delivery. Sometime around 8 pm they changed the tracking to back at FedEx Terror Drome, with an estimated delivery of "no later than 10:30 am" tomorrow. Nothing in there about delivery attempted, and these usually don't require a signature for delivery (they can toss it on the porch and run).

I understand they are swamped right now, maybe a truck broke down, who knows. CMP went above and beyond and paid the bucks to ship it that way. Do your job (and this may be a FedEx corporate problem, not a driver problem, I'm sure drivers are busting their gas traps this time of year), attempt delivery, even if it is at 9 pm. I've been seeing the USPS out delivering still at 8 pm, too bad FedEx quits before the job is done.
I can feel for you as I'm watching a FedEx shipment going wrong right now. Two part ammo shipment from the CMP. One left Orlando at 23:44. The other has been sent to a FedEx facility in Orlando.

As for the post office, we at times get our mail the day after it left the local PO. See the mail carrier out delivering at 0100 in the morning. And that isn't at Christmas time even.

Hope your shipment gets delivered eventually.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 AM

Same here. I have 2 spam cans coming. Fedex tracking said by the end of today, so I stayed home all afternoon ... no delivery.
The tracking now says by the end of tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:25 AM

And for the OP, talked to my local drivers the other day and they have been making deliveries in some areas after 2000 to get stuff delivered.

TexasDan, they will try I'm sure.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:52 AM

USPS is no better right now, I sent a part to a member in Oregon last week, was supposed to be delivered this past Monday, Thursday now and all I can see is where it got to Memphis.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:15 PM

With the special rates FedEx gives CMP...the delivery is not guaranteed. They were late with a rifle delivery and I tried to get the money refunded to CMP. Actually talked to Orest and he informed me about this and said thanks for trying but they weren't going to worry about it and neither should I.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:20 PM

Despite being "out for delivery" at 6:30am today and "delivery by 10:30am today" tracking is saying expected delivery is now by 10:30am 12/28. I get it if the pkg has a problem getting to the delivery city. Planes break down, etc. It just appears that FedEx only delivers for so many hrs a day and then gives up now. Priority overnight my buttplate! I shipped some things halway across the country via USPS Priority on Tues. They are all delivered or out for delivery today. USPS stock is going up in my book.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:27 PM

Yep ... just showed up. Two cans of '78.

FedEx Lady: "Two heavy boxes ... I'm guessing ammo"
Dan: "Merry Christmas to me!"
FedEx Lady: "I'm delivering tons of ammo this Christmas"
Dan: "It makes people happy"
FedEx Lady: "Indeed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Don View Post
And for the OP, talked to my local drivers the other day and they have been making deliveries in some areas after 2000 to get stuff delivered.

TexasDan, they will try I'm sure.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDan View Post
Yep ... just showed up. Two cans of '78.

FedEx Lady: "Two heavy boxes ... I'm guessing ammo"
Dan: "Merry Christmas to me!"
FedEx Lady: "I'm delivering tons of ammo this Christmas"
Dan: "It makes people happy"
FedEx Lady: "Indeed"
I wonder how many CMP shipments the average FedEx driver encounters. Most of the time they don't say anything to me. One, while delivering a rifle, said "this must be a gun, the adult signature required and the size of box are dead giveaways." I told him it was a tall bottle of alcohol.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:46 PM

I think y'all are spoiled by tracking numbers and instant gratification. Relax and it'll arrive when it gets there. Merry Christmas!