Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2015, 10:05 PM

Spoiled? I don't care much if it arrived today or next week.
I do get a irked when they say an ammo delivery will be there on a particular day, right up until late afternoon on that day, and don't show.
I had other things to do that day and the next day that I also had to wait at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmountains View Post
I think y'all are spoiled by tracking numbers and instant gratification. Relax and it'll arrive when it gets there. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2015, 10:29 PM

When I order stuff from CMP, I wait until I get a tracking number and then log into UPS or FedEX and put a hold on it. Once it see when it has arrived, I go pick it up. I know not everyone is close to the terminals and/or customer service centers as I am ... Just don't worry about it.

I started doing this back in the good 'ol days when CMP was selling the carbines ... you could order 1 of each grade (RG & SG) from each manufacture. I once had 6 coming at the same time and knew that would be hard to explain!! Had all 6 held at the local FedEx hub. Been doing it ever since ....
Old 12-25-2015, 07:49 PM

From the Daily Mail, FWIW:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Christmas.html

FedEx, the official delivery service of The Grinch. I think maybe they needed my bayonets and 1911 mags to defend themselves from the angry mobs. Oh well, I was out of town anyway. Hope nobody's M1 wasn't missing from being under the tree because of this.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:50 PM

Busiest time of year, and blame the courier for late shoppers?
Old 12-26-2015, 07:22 AM

Thanks to procrastinators, FedEx employees are having to work Christmas Day.

FedEx shipping should have said (but can't, since it is a business), "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours."

I read the article, and all I see are spoiled parents blaming someone else for the parents' procrastination.

I feel NO sympathy for the parents or the children.

If I fail to make a decision in time it is my fault, not someone else's.

"Life is Good!"
Old 12-26-2015, 08:15 AM

You should feel sympathy for someone who contracts with a company to provide a service ,which the customer pays for, based on representations by the company that they can provide said service and which they subsequently don't. I've had the same problem with Fedex and USPS promising delivery within a certain time and then failing to be able to meet their own schedule. Of course this does assume that you think that company's should provide the service they are paid for.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Sometimes just in time delivery, isn't.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 AM

There is always going to be shenanigans with any carrier. I was tracking a package, UPS and saw its arrival in a city 12 miles north of me. Not a normal point on any previous delivery, but not out of the ordinary either. Arrival to be on time. Then, status changes to will be late due to weather. I look outside and there is no weather, Huh? Package proceeds to hub 20 miles south of me. Then the next day gets delivered. Had me scratching my head.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:17 PM

Default Fed ex comes up weak

I am sure it depends much on the area and the drivers themselves.
I had a delivery due the 24 , and I got home about 1:30 to find a tag on the door. he already was here. Now about 4:00 the driver stopped back and had the ammo.
So I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Heheh I also figured a Christmas card with a 10 in it would go long way in the future...
Old 12-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Everything came today at 12:30 p.m., they couldn't even make their "by 10:30 a.m." on the 3rd try of the boxes touring the town. Both had 3 delivery stickers on them for each time they went out. CMP sent 5 1911 mags, all dated 1992, a very nice UFH modified bayonet without a metal cap repair scabbard, a very nice Imperial M5A1 bayonet with slightly blunted tip, and the M7 came in a sealed box dated 1977 I don't intend to open anytime soon.