Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Christmas time is crazy for all the shippers, and going to get worse with more and more people beginning to shop online.

When I buy something on ebay (normally USPS) I usually see the tracking number updated every day and often twice a day. Usually from their post office to their hub, then to my hub which is Charleston WV, then to Parkersburg and "out for delivery".

Last week I had one from Toledo OH to Detroit then to St. Louis then to Tulsa OK where it sat for 4 days then straight to Parkersburg for delivery without ever going through Charleston (which it did, it just was not scanned there either arriving or leaving).

Another one went from a local PO in Arkansas to Little Rock where it disappeared for 8 days, then showed up in Parkersburg for delivery with again no intermediate scans.

My local PO clerk is a real nice lady, and she said that business here nearly tripled in the two weeks prior to Christmas and I am sure it did with all the carriers. She said that with their load last week, if .01% of the mail was mishandled that meant that the actual number of "failures" to deliver on schedule was in the hundreds of thousands.

Most are doing the best they can, often with new part time people hired for the rush who may be expected to make the occasional mistake.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet View Post
Christmas time is crazy for all the shippers, and going to get worse with more and more people beginning to shop online.

When I buy something on ebay (normally USPS) I usually see the tracking number updated every day and often twice a day. Usually from their post office to their hub, then to my hub which is Charleston WV, then to Parkersburg and "out for delivery".

Last week I had one from Toledo OH to Detroit then to St. Louis then to Tulsa OK where it sat for 4 days then straight to Parkersburg for delivery without ever going through Charleston (which it did, it just was not scanned there either arriving or leaving).

Another one went from a local PO in Arkansas to Little Rock where it disappeared for 8 days, then showed up in Parkersburg for delivery with again no intermediate scans.

My local PO clerk is a real nice lady, and she said that business here nearly tripled in the two weeks prior to Christmas and I am sure it did with all the carriers. She said that with their load last week, if .01% of the mail was mishandled that meant that the actual number of "failures" to deliver on schedule was in the hundreds of thousands.

Most are doing the best they can, often with new part time people hired for the rush who may be expected to make the occasional mistake.
That really is funny as the Ohio side stuff goes to Columbus before heading south to less than 17 miles NE of you.

But like you, I had a USPS letter go astray the week before Christmas. It go to the local Florida sort facility the same day, and then nothing. The day after it was supposed to be delivered, it shows up as delayed. Finally started showing up in the system 4 days after it disappears.

And if your PO clerk is like our local PO one is, she is a sweetie.
Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2016, 03:13 PM

I won a GB auction for a 03 bolt from a guy up in Omaha last week, he was great and mailed it next day. Provided a tracking number. Was sent Priority mail and scheduled to be here on the 30th. The tracking number showed it went from Omaha to Memphis where it sat until yesterday, then it went to Cincinatti and then up somewhere NW of Pittsburg. Only problem is, I am south of Nashville. Am curious how wide a loop my bolt is taking to get here.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldestbrother View Post
I won a GB auction for a 03 bolt from a guy up in Omaha last week, he was great and mailed it next day. Provided a tracking number. Was sent Priority mail and scheduled to be here on the 30th. The tracking number showed it went from Omaha to Memphis where it sat until yesterday, then it went to Cincinatti and then up somewhere NW of Pittsburg. Only problem is, I am south of Nashville. Am curious how wide a loop my bolt is taking to get here.
Anything with tracking that goes through Memphis is likely to take a strange route. It might make it to DC and Atlanta before it gets there.