Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Default AAF tank museum surplus sale

Admin: feel free to delete if not allowed, I didn't see anything against it in the rules.

I thought I'd share this with you guys. The AAF tank museum in Danville, VA is selling off some surplus surplus (hahaha) to raise funds for the museum. In the mix are a few holsters, some Garand ammo pouches, belts, web gear, etc. Prices are very reasonable. There's no list, just a video of what they have for sale, but it's open for shopping if you're local or they'll answer questions by phone or email if you aren't. I just got off the phone with her, they seem really nice. Here's the link to the video. Hope you'll find it useful.
-Drew
https://www.facebook.com/AAFTankMuse...86080/?fref=nf
Old 02-12-2016, 03:47 PM

Wish I lived closer. I would love to have have
one of those musette bags.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:54 PM

They'll ship it to you if you contact them. They were very helpful answering questions for me, and the shipping was very reasonable. I ordered an intermediate cold weather sleeping bag with liner ($30), two Garand cartridge belts ($25 ea), a sealed in can Navy life raft water distilling system ($30) and a canvas duffel ($20). It all shipped for $23 which is a steal considering how bulky the sleeping bag is.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:56 AM

I might do that.. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownac1983 View Post
Admin: feel free to delete if not allowed, I didn't see anything against it in the rules.

I thought I'd share this with you guys. The AAF tank museum in Danville, VA is selling off some surplus surplus (hahaha) to raise funds for the museum. In the mix are a few holsters, some Garand ammo pouches, belts, web gear, etc. Prices are very reasonable. There's no list, just a video of what they have for sale, but it's open for shopping if you're local or they'll answer questions by phone or email if you aren't. I just got off the phone with her, they seem really nice. Here's the link to the video. Hope you'll find it useful.
-Drew
https://www.facebook.com/AAFTankMuse...86080/?fref=nf
Never mind, found it. I don't have a Facebook account and it won't let me in without signing in. Is there a website or do you have the phone number? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkmac View Post
Never mind, found it. I don't have a Facebook account and it won't let me in without signing in. Is there a website or do you have the phone number? Thanks!

AAF tank museum. 434-836-5323. Ask for Natasha.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownac1983 View Post
They'll ship it to you if you contact them. They were very helpful answering questions for me, and the shipping was very reasonable. I ordered an intermediate cold weather sleeping bag with liner ($30), two Garand cartridge belts ($25 ea), a sealed in can Navy life raft water distilling system ($30) and a canvas duffel ($20). It all shipped for $23 which is a steal considering how bulky the sleeping bag is.
I wondered what cartridge those belts were. I guess they would work for M1 carbine 15 round mags, huh? Or not?
Also, what are some of the items under the table?
Old 02-14-2016, 07:46 AM

I called yesterday morning and the women told me that the cartridge belts, ammo pouches and most gun related items had been sold.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:52 AM

No surprise there. Are they open tomorrow on Presidents Day? Are they open today?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:03 AM

Yes not really surprised either looked like some good items in fine condition and very fair prices.