Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 08:21 PM

I am putting together a shooter 1903A1 for Vintage Sniper. So far I have an 8X Unertl scope with Unertl mounts that are in excellent condition. I have located a receiver and polished bolt. Because it is a shooter, Im putting a new criterion barrel on it. Several of the metal pieces will look like new as they may be refinished or nos. I figured if it has a new barrel, an almost new appearing Unertl scope, and the metal parts are nos or refinished, it might as well have a new correct appearing stock. Im not into for the purity, Im in it for the shooting, but I would like it to look right. Now that my intentions are stated and clarified, some of you can breathe a little easier.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedmoor03A4 View Post
I am putting together a shooter 1903A1 for Vintage Sniper. So far I have an 8X Unertl scope with Unertl mounts that are in excellent condition. I have located a receiver and polished bolt. Because it is a shooter, Im putting a new criterion barrel on it. Several of the metal pieces will look like new as they may be refinished or nos. I figured if it has a new barrel, an almost new appearing Unertl scope, and the metal parts are nos or refinished, it might as well have a new correct appearing stock. Im not into for the purity, Im in it for the shooting, but I would like it to look right. Now that my intentions are stated and clarified, some of you can breathe a little easier.
And applaud your honesty. When put it into context it makes sense and thank you for clarifying your intent.