Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2018, 08:10 AM

Default NS Report 7/31

8am- Ten in line. Will update as things progress.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 AM

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2018, 09:14 AM

Hope you find some good stuff!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:00 AM

25 IHC SG’s
25 IHC FG’s

12 WRA FG’s
12 WRA SG’s

4 SA FG’s

10-12 03A3’s

25 SG Specials

75 Drill

The O3A3’s were all nice and the few I checked with bright bored and great measurements. Some were cherry and were scooped up while 3 decent ones were still in the rack after the initial frenzy.

The IHC SG’s were in the nicest condition all with CMP walnut. Very nice original barrels with low numbers. Only saw one that was almost all IHC, only missing correct wood, gas lock and gas screw to be totally correct.

IHC FGs were as expected, all hackberry and showing wear it’s a mix of parts and shiny gas cylinders.

The Hackberry stocks are not bad at all. First time I saw them up close and don’t really know what the fuss is about. They are far nicer than beech and many birch that I have seen, and as we have seen they finish very well for those who know what they are doing.

WRA SG’s and FG’s were also as expected, nothing WRA on them with hackberry or a couple of cmp walnut and average barrel readings.

SA FG’s were totally mixmasters and pretty seasoned, exactly like FG’s usually are.

Only saw a couple of Garand’s leave the racks for purchase. Lots of tire kickers for what was essentially a very ho-hum group of $1,000 rifles. No 60’s rebuilds, no SA or HRA except for the 30-06 special SG’s which were about 25 in number and beautiful of course.

About 75 drill rifles that pretty much everyone was ignoring. The big draw were the 03a3’s for the 15 who came in at opening bell. Some were there for WRA’s but I suspect were disappointed. I was there for fun but was very close to pull the trigger on the IHC I mentioned above. The IHC’s were far nicer last year here.

No canvas slings, no surplus ammo.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 07-31-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
25 IHC SGs
25 IHC FGs

12 WRA FGs
12 WRA SGs

10-12 03A3s

25 SG Specials

75 Drill

The O3A3s were all nice and the few I checked with bright bored and great measurements. Some were cherry and were scooped up while 3 decent ones were still in the rack after the initial frenzy.

The IHC SGs were in the nicest condition all with CMP walnut. Very nice original barrels with low numbers. Only saw one that was almost all IHC, only missing correct wood, gas lock and gas screw to be totally correct.

IHC FGs were as expected, all hackberry and showing wear its a mix of parts and shiny gas cylinders.

The Hackberry stocks are not bad at all. First time I saw them up close and dont really know what the fuss is about. They are far nicer than beech and many birch that I have seen, and as we have seen they finish very well for those who know what they are doing.

WRA SGs and FGs were also as expected, nothing WRA on them with hackberry or a couple of cmp walnut and average barrel readings.

Only saw a couple of Garands leave the racks for purchase. Lots of tire kickers for what was essentially a very ho-hum group of $1,000 rifles. No 60s rebuilds, no SA or HRA except for the 30-06 special SGs which were about 25 in number and beautiful of course.

About 75 drill rifles that pretty much everyone was ignoring. The big draw were the 03a3s for the 15 who came in at opening bell. Some were there for WRAs but I suspect were disappointed. I was there for fun but was very close to pull the trigger on the IHC I mentioned above. The IHCs were far nicer last year here.

No canvas slings, no surplus ammo.

Great report with lotsa detail on availablility ......THANKS! ..
Old 07-31-2018, 11:24 AM

Thank You

Going up tomorrow

Not expecting to pickup another Garand but you never know. !!!
Old 07-31-2018, 12:14 PM

On wed I picked up a field grade Winchester that upon
Fields tripping I noticed it has a sa 1-65 rebuild mark
On the receiver legs. It has all Springfield parts on it also.
Does that make it more desirable?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:43 PM

Talked to Jim and Bob about 1030 this morning. Jim is setting out 10 rifles of each kind every morning. As you see, the only real rifles that are moving are the O3’s. That is why there are so many of the other types of rifles. Seems right now people are interested in the bolt rifles. So if you are in the market for a M1, you will have a good selection (without GI wood).
Old 07-31-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 sniper View Post
On wed I picked up a field grade Winchester that upon
Fields tripping I noticed it has a sa 1-65 rebuild mark
On the receiver legs. It has all Springfield parts on it also.
Does that make it more desirable?
Normally these days 60’s rebuilds do justify a decent premium, but mostly if they are relatively intact from rebuild and in great condition. A Field Grade with more finish and barrel wear plus the Hackberry or CMP stock I assume, would be closer to little or no premium for the etching.

Not a dig on your rifle, the 60’s rebuilds are a fascinating collectible variation and not all CMP purchasers have one especially a Winchester. Congrats!

Tony
Old 07-31-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Normally these days 60s rebuilds do justify a decent premium, but mostly if they are relatively intact from rebuild and in great condition. A Field Grade with more finish and barrel wear plus the Hackberry or CMP stock I assume, would be closer to little or no premium for the etching.

Not a dig on your rifle, the 60s rebuilds are a fascinating collectible variation and not all CMP purchasers have one especially a Winchester. Congrats!

Tony
Thank you for the reply as this and my win13 service grade are my
1st non sniper Garands. Im trying to learn as much as I can
About them.