Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2019, 07:29 PM

Default Hello from eastern North Carolina

Now I can post!!!...I am a retired Marine, and I have my own little private museum here in eastern North Carolina. I collect and display military weapons, and vehicles. I also volunteer in a program on the base here that helps gets Marines and sailors out of the barracks and into the community. I have about 5 Marines come out every Saturday to my place, we work on the military vehicles, set up displays at fund raisers, or shoot the military guns from my collection.....and, I take them to our local diner, where the waitresses make a big deal over them!
Thanks again!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 PM

Frank,
Good of you to come by. Wish I had known you years ago when I lived in Havelock. I would have enjoyed coming by your place.

S/F
Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM

Welcome to the forum FrankUSM. Thank you for your service and continued service to your fellow Marines. Bet they love to hang out at your place. Sounds like great work. Stay alert on here and follow your favorite threads. There is a lot of great knowledge to be had and I am sure you will fit in just fine.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 AM

Well! Looks like you finally made it buddy!
Glad to have you here. There is always something here you can add to the museum. ��

Your Pal;
Eddie.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCreekRng View Post
Welcome to the forum FrankUSM. Thank you for your service and continued service to your fellow Marines. Bet they love to hang out at your place. Sounds like great work. Stay alert on here and follow your favorite threads. There is a lot of great knowledge to be had and I am sure you will fit in just fine.
What ClayCreekRng said. I live in NC a few hours west of you. That is great how you provide an off-base respite for these guys.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 AM

Frank,
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to Our Country. I think you are doing an outstanding job. Eddie
Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 AM

Hey Frank, it's Larry from the plating shop. Glad to see you posting and helping the Corps.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 PM

Thank you for the responces.
USMC3439, and fartblossom1953 have been to my place and seen the collection I have here. I am waiting to catch Larry in a weak moment to talk him out of his 1903A3.
The Marines I have come here are all outstanding, on other forums, I like to remind posters who put down this generation, this generation of soldiers, sailors, airman and Marines have been fighting the longest war in our history, and they volunteered. They are great in my eyes.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Old 07-19-2019, 01:25 PM

Welcome aboard Leatherneck. Pictures of your weapons and vehicles would surely be enjoyed by all...Semper Fi
Old 07-19-2019, 02:58 PM

Welcome aboard Frank. I was down your way at the Camp Lejeune fireworks display on the 4th. I was really surprised it happened with all the storms that day. Great forum here.