Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2017, 09:02 AM

See you at the clinic on Thursday, HMC.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:25 AM

Default looking forward to OK

Thanks for the enlightenment! Just wanted to be sure there wasn't something that I needed to do beforehand!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Default OKC Thursday - EIC match being done in 2 hours in pairs?

There seems to be an interesting squadding difference this year.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6HI/edit#gid=0

It looks like the leg match is going to be done in two pairs. With the first pair for the EIC match (Relays 1 & 2). to show up at 7:30 (shooting by 8), and be done by 10:00; and then the second pair shows up at 10, starts shooting at 10:30. It looks like this will be done on 25 targets. From the looks of it, they will do the full 3 distance course of fire, including moving back from each stage, in about 2 hours - is that right? I guess this means they are going to reface the targets in the pits for 200, 300, and 600, during the pit-change - which sounds like a real hustle for 25 targets!

The book and posted schedule though don't seem to imply this different form of squadding. Potentially this could be awesome, if all goes right, each pair is done with the complete EIC match in about 2-2.5 hrs. I LOVE that thought. I am reading that right, yes?

Interestingly, according to the schedule, trigger weighing ends at 9:30 AM. So I'm guessing the 10:30AM shooters still better show up by 9 for that?
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...h-Schedule.pdf

If everything works right, Thursday could be a very cool day - with the potential of shooting 3 complete rifle matches, all between 10:00 and 4:00.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyEngineer View Post
There seems to be an interesting squadding difference this year.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6HI/edit#gid=0

It looks like the leg match is going to be done in two pairs. With the first pair for the EIC match (Relays 1 & 2). to show up at 7:30 (shooting by 8), and be done by 10:00; and then the second pair shows up at 10, starts shooting at 10:30. It looks like this will be done on 25 targets. From the looks of it, they will do the full 3 distance course of fire, including moving back from each stage, in about 2 hours - is that right? I guess this means they are going to reface the targets in the pits for 200, 300, and 600, during the pit-change - which sounds like a real hustle for 25 targets!

The book and posted schedule though don't seem to imply this different form of squadding. Potentially this could be awesome, if all goes right, each pair is done with the complete EIC match in about 2-2.5 hrs. I LOVE that thought. I am reading that right, yes?

Interestingly, according to the schedule, trigger weighing ends at 9:30 AM. So I'm guessing the 10:30AM shooters still better show up by 9 for that?
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...h-Schedule.pdf

If everything works right, Thursday could be a very cool day - with the potential of shooting 3 complete rifle matches, all between 10:00 and 4:00.
Sounds like they're bringing their mobile electronic targets? They said they're bringing them to Vermont New England Games in September. That speeds up the matches like crazy, in a good way.
VFW Patriots Circle Member
PMRPC - CMP GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 04-03-2017, 09:43 AM

They brought 20 last year and said they would bring 25 this time. It does change the game. Not perfect, but I suspect they will get the problems worked out over time.....and maybe just in time. Many of their clientele are adverse to pulling targets in their golden years. Good Shooting. ..
Old 04-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Default OKC games

Just a heads up that the road is still closed going north towards club.
This road is east of Pop's on 66 by the large propane tank on right,road closed going to left there.
I suggest you turn left at Pop's when heading east on 66,then go about 2 miles and turn right,at each intersection look right and see the roadblock,then turn left at that intersection,go to next intersection ( I think)turn right,club gate top of hill on left.
Hope this helps.
If I go out there tomorrow I may get road names and distances.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Same route as last year??? Turn left at the soda bottle?
Distinguished Rifleman #2227