Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > Florida
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Default JC Garand Match - 3/19

Gonna be a fun time at Port Malabar. come Saturday a.m.! Don't have to be a member to shoot the match, just bring your gear and $10, and a desire to shoot!
Weather to be sunny, start in the mid 50's and warm to the 70's. Can"t get much better for some range-time. In a few months, we'll be missing this awesome weather!

http://pmrpc.com/
Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Was a great time fellas. I actually scored highest overall out of 12 shooters and "scored", my first gold CMP Garand Match pin.
Ours is a relaxed/fun match. There were 8 Garands, 1 M1 carbine, a K98, and 2 AR15's.
Match is 3rd Sat of every month. April coming up!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM

It finally looks like i will be in town the weekend of one of these shoots at Port Malabar. I am trying to make the 8/13 shoot. I might crash at a friends house in Jupiter so i can stay for the HP practice on Sunday.

Do you know if they require the range safety visit first? The website mentions it but I'm not sure if it is only for members that want to use the 600 yard range on their own.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle View Post
It finally looks like i will be in town the weekend of one of these shoots at Port Malabar. I am trying to make the 8/13 shoot. I might crash at a friends house in Jupiter so i can stay for the HP practice on Sunday.

Do you know if they require the range safety visit first? The website mentions it but I'm not sure if it is only for members that want to use the 600 yard range on their own.
No safety visit required to shoot the JC Garand match. Just need $10, and your shooting gear! If you can do the HP practice, that's a great time too. It's normally shot at 200 and then 600, but I think for the summer, they're only shooting at 600 because of having the covered firing line. Nice to be out of the hot sun! Been a while since I shot the practice match. Anyone, member or not, can shoot the 600 practice, or matches, with qualified range official there, provided the shooter keeps all rounds on target/berm. All rounds have to be accounted for. Club members that want a gate key to the 600 yrd range to use whenever they want (when no matches) have to ask Eric Kenard, Rifle Director, and prove high level of proficency and responsibilty. You'll get a special HP-600 range sticker to put on your Club Badge.