Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > Florida
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Good show for milsurps in FL?

Hello,
Relatively new to Florida. Are there any gun shows or other events that are more known for military surplus/C&R firearms than others? I have some faint memory from years ago that Virgina had some like that.
Thanks
D
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Welcome (both to the site and the south!) Unfortunately there aren't very many collector type shows, but there are a couple, and overall there are alot of shows in the area. WPB, FTL and Miami host giant shows every couple of months (This weekend was FTL). Palm Beach Gun Collectors ASsociation (I think that's what they're called) has a show a few times a year and they usually have some really nice C&R stuff. They had a show a couple weeks ago and it was completely mobbed and prices were stupid (as with all shows these days). Occasionally the Mahi Shrine in Miami has smaller shows with decent C&R stuff.

Your best bet is to just go to any one that is convenient and look for what you want. I've found some super nice C&R stuff at both Miami and WPB. Get there early Saturday or late Sunday for the better prices, in my experience.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

None that I've found, but never know what might walk in.
www.suncoastgunshows.com
www.gunshowtrader.com
www.gunshowminute.com

Last edited by jaw1947; 02-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 PM

I was walking out of the Miami show a couple years ago and saw a guy walking in with a 1917. Had the bayo on it and everything, was in immaculate condition. Asked what he wanted, he said $500, and of course I scooped it up. I ended up meeting him later and getting a pristine 03A3 for about the same. You just never know what you'll see/get at a show.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Default South Florida Garand/Milspec Collectors

I have recently moved to South Florida as well -- Cooper City. I have already found another collector in my neighborhood and have been trading back and forth on builds. Seems like there may be enough from the number of threads to get together every now and then and have a swap meet

Rich T

Last edited by rtube; 05-06-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:15 AM

Have gotten decent deals and a couple of jewels at west palm show...best is to line up at 8:30ish and go to the C&Rs and then make a fast cruise around, Pickens get slim after midday.

Sunday doesn't seem as good, although a couple of hours before closing can sometimes cost you a few bucks if they still have something you want
Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 PM

Suncoast coast gun show is the big one here. I have found a few thing walking in but mostly beef jerky and mobs of people and high prices .

The really good show that was mostly private sales from old men at tables , loved that show and made several friends, has sold out and is now a regular show and the old timers no longer have tables. I do not even bother going anymore.

Lakeland gun show was a big one twice a year, just to many people anymore also. Good luck and welcome to the South, Im in the Sarasota bradenton area, just barely South Fl.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:26 PM

ft lauderdale show at war memorial auditorium is close to you
http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/f...show-suncoast/
http://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/west-palm-beach-fl/

Last edited by dprice3844444; 08-21-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Every December is the Firearms and Relic Show at the Lakeland,Fl Lake Mirror Civic Center 200ish+ tables. "Old guys with tables" as stated in an earlier post...
Old 08-21-2016, 02:05 PM

Then there's our show...

Pompano Beach Vintage Arms & Militaria Show
Sept. 23-25 (Fri - Sun)
Pompano Beach Elk's Lodge- 700 NE 10th St. Pompano Bech
www.oldtimeyshows.com or www.facebook.com/oldtimeyshows

Strictly Vietnam Era on back. No modern guns or accessories allowed. Please do not confuse us with the "other" gun show that takes place at the same location. We are very different and draw a serious collector crowd. Next month, we have two very special WWII veterans who will be signing autographs and taking pictures free of charge:
Carl Muscarello- The famous "kissing sailor" pictured on the cover Life Magazine August 1945 issue, kissing a random nurse in Times Square.
Lt. Col. Leo Gray- Of the 332nd fighter squadron (aka Tuskeegee Airmen)

Hope you guys can all make it. Come find me at the show and let me know you're from the CMP forum, would love to meet you all!