Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 07:12 PM

Default WTS:(SPF) German G43 WWII semi auto rifle

(SPF)Up for sale is a very nice German AC/44 G43 semi automatic rifle. The pictures tell the story. Nice metal patina finish, very nice stock that is unsanded and has correct stampings. The bore is in great shape, clean with nice lands and grooves. These have a scope rail built in and this has the threaded muzzle with a cap on it. It comes with an original non matching WWII magazine, but no sight hood or cleaning rod. I would say this is an all numbers matching gun, but some experts on an other forum say a couple of parts had been renumbered to match. They say the bolt carrier was ground down then restamped to match. I will say I don't know myself as I don't know much about these rifle except they are very cool. So buy it for what it is, a super cool rifle that not a lot of people have and not for it to be an historic all numbers matching rifle. This will come with two extra aftermarket mags and mag pouch. One mag fits the rifle the other needs a little fitting to be done to it to make it fit. I am asking (SPF)$2500.00 OBO for this rifle including insured shipping to the lower 48 states. The first to post an I will take it followed with a PM gets it. Please ask questions in PM and not posted to this thread. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by scout II; 01-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:13 PM

More pictures. The second picture bottom part is what I was talking about being re stamped. I hope that helps.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bkavanaugh

This rifle has been discussed at LENGTH on the K98k Forum. Here is the link: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....sniper-variant!

Thought I recognized this rifle.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Yes it is the same rifle that is why I say it is non matching but still a very nice rifle. I am the seller of the rifle to the guy on the other forum. I told him right away after he took it apart and informed me something was wrong that I would refund him his money and post it for what it is. But he messed up trying to make things up and got beat up pretty good on the other forum. He finally brought the rifle back to me for a refund last weekend after all that mess. Now I just want to move it on to someone who will enjoy a nice G43 rifle.

Last edited by scout II; 12-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
This rifle has been discussed at LENGTH on the K98k Forum. Here is the link: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....sniper-variant!

Thought I recognized this rifle.
That's what I thought when I saw first saw this thread.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:40 AM

Uh oh....
Old 12-26-2013, 02:21 PM

That K98Kforum thread is a good read. Very telling. Caveat Emptor is all that needs to be said.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout II View Post
I would say this is an all numbers matching gun, but some experts on an other forum say a couple of parts had been renumbered to match. They say the bolt carrier was ground down then restamped to match. I will say I don't know myself as I don't know much about these rifle except they are very cool. So buy it for what it is, a super cool rifle that not a lot of people have and not for it to be an historic all numbers matching rifle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abtex1 View Post
That K98Kforum thread is a good read. Very telling. Caveat Emptor is all that needs to be said.
I didn't think it seemed like the OP was trying to hide anything here?

Just thought he sold something, got it back because of some errors, now he's mentioning those errors and trying to sell the rifle with all of the information out there. Am I missing something?

General George S. Patton, in a letter to his son dated June 6th, 1944:
Quote:
"What success I have had results from the fact that I have always been certain that my military reactions were correct. Many people do not agree with me; they are wrong. The unerring jury of history written long after both of us are dead will prove me correct."
Old 12-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bkavanaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8huckins View Post
I didn't think it seemed like the OP was trying to hide anything here?

Just thought he sold something, got it back because of some errors, now he's mentioning those errors and trying to sell the rifle with all of the information out there. Am I missing something?
I agree wth n8huckins. I think there is full disclosure here. However, that was not the case with the recent, previous owner (see K98k post). I believe this sale is above board.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:16 PM

Im sorry,I wont normally poo on someones ad, but I would advise anyone to move on, but after reading the threads on Calguns and the K98, the whole story stinks.Its basically been proven to be a humped rifle that the OP has flip and flopped about it. Buyer beware!!!

Last edited by dnmccoy; 12-26-2013 at 04:28 PM.