Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Rattle Battle vs MM vs Roosevelt & Carbine relay

I realize I'm posting a lot of questions in one thread, but they're all related.

First the background:
So, there's an extra relay for the Carbine for those participating in the Team Match. Is that restricted to shooters only or will it apply to other "members" coach, scorer, pit puller, etc....

Similarly, in the past staff have accommodated RB shooters that wanted to shoot MM in the afternoon.

Question 1:
Is there a similar accommodation made for shooting Roosevelt in the AM (ie shoot RB on a later relay)

Question 2: Realizing that making accommodation as noted above is just plain hard... is there a provision to shoot the Roosevelt match with one of the other GSMM matches held on Sat/Sun?
W
Old 07-23-2019, 06:18 PM

Schedule here http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...f?ver=20190620

Mike
Old 07-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Your team captain or coach should be informing CMP of NTIT shooters on their team who are also firing in MM or Roosevelt. This happens 2 ways... 1) filling out the online form for prospective teams competing or 2) when they purchase the team card. After NTT there is a captain meeting for NTIT where squadding assignments are handed out. It is at that time final review can be made to ensure teams are squadded to allow shooters to fire in the other matches. If there is an issue teams can ask other teams to trade squadding spots to help correct the issue. The CMP staff is effectively herding cats so it goes a long way in helping them if team captains can provide prompt and accurate information ahead of time.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Here's a link to the Team Form online - http://thecmp.org/clubs/forms/2019-c...am-entry-form/. You will see space for the MODERN MILITARY/ROOSEVELT PARTICIPATION. This will help us to accommodate shooters that want to participate in both the NTIT and other matches. We'll do our best to squad you accordingly.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:19 AM

I realize squadding request have been taken in the past, and folks do their best to make those requests.
My point is not to rely on squadding request and "luck" and "hope".

Just let rattle battle team members shoot MM and/or Roosevelt on another 30 shot relay, on Sat or Sun. It keeps it simple... Squadding requests are minimized. If I need to go to the office to pick up my shirt or medal for my firearm that's different than on the match program, that's OK, I'm not trying to make it a free for all in the tent behind the firing line.

If someone is on a RB team, such as myself, and want to shoot MM and Roosevelt, there is no way that squadding request can be made....

I get it, three matches in one day, I just have to decide which one to shoot. So I did.
I stuck with my team to support one RB relay and shoot in another. I was willing to pay for an extra fee for Sat/Sun to shoot one of the other matches if I could.

The ability to shoot Roosevelt and MM on the other matches would likely generate more match fees and reduce the special squadding requests.... if they don't reduce the squadding request, there's at least an option if a squadding request can't be met.

Thanks for your consideration.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Administrator

I've forwarded on your suggestion to our Competitions Staff/Managers.
Thanks,
Christine
Old 10-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
I've forwarded on your suggestion to our Competitions Staff/Managers.
Thanks,
Christine
Christine, any chance you guys have discussed this topic, about letting Roosevelt or modern military shooters also doing NTIT shoot that match in one of the other eight available matches through Saturday or Sunday?

I would like to try and get on a Garand team for the team matches, but would hate to miss the Roosevelt too.

Kyle Kirschenmann (ORSA CMP match coordinator)

Tags
gsm, rattle battle, roosevelt