Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsudduth View Post
I just weighed mine on my postal scale. 8 lbs 15.8 ozs. Thatís rifle only. No sling, no magazine, no ECI.

I go through inspection and the armorers either put a tie wrap on the rear sling swivel or a piece of tape on the trigger guard. Iíve never seen anyone verify that a rifle on the line has been inspected. So whatís to stop someone from skipping inspection altogether?

Note, my experience is at the eastern games. Other matches may be done differently.

Jim
Jim,

Thanks! You verified my suspicion that it will be a very close call in terms of weight if a walnut stock is used. I believe it is prudent for anyone wishing to use the configuration to do just what you did.

I have participated in matches were the inspector must initial the score shoot.

Rick
Old 04-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Ok it took some stock swapping, installed the thin plastic recoil plate thats out there and weighed and used the lightest rear sling loop and mounting screws I have. Shot it in a local match and took silver.
I have a new walnut stock that if makes weight I will try it. I have to finish it first.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Question

[QUOTE=rickgman;1807911]Gentlemen, the CMP has specifically stated that the NM front sight is legal for use in the Modern Military Match.

Hi Rick,
Just asking, were did you find documentation from the CMP in the MM rules that NM M1A front sight is now legal ?
I found info on rear sights be finer than 1MOA adjustment but nothing I've read states about front sights.

Thanks
David