Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

not livid, just disappointed.

I'm sure CS will set things right, more so realize I'll have to have some patience, I'm sure the weekend sell out of AP has caused big log jams in CMP CS...
Fax machines out of paper, 1K emails in the Que...

I'd be more upset if it was the "last of the hxp", like last year. Last year all my cans looked good, no real problem (most mint, just a small % "not perfect"), but the last of my orders just made it under the wire before it all sold out.

I have 2 more cans of HXP left to my limit for this year.

Last year, I bought about 8 cans via GB, from two sellers, one I always got mint cans from. The other one, 1 can looked bad, not as bad as this recent can, and when I opened it, it was almost as bad. The seller made good on it.
Crap happens....
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 PM

All ammunition is subject to deterioration over time.
Customers should expect that 5% to 15% of the cartridges in any can may exhibit some stages of discoloration or corrosion or other abnormalities. As with any surplus ammunition, each and every round should be carefully checked before use.
Deformed or otherwise suspect rounds should not be fired.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_shooter View Post
All ammunition is subject to deterioration over time.
Customers should expect that 5% to 15% of the cartridges in any can may exhibit some stages of discoloration or corrosion or other abnormalities. As with any surplus ammunition, each and every round should be carefully checked before use.
Deformed or otherwise suspect rounds should not be fired.

I looked at that warning as well wondering whether customer service would help Ramit out. If you look at the pics, well over 5-15% of the rounds are corroded as well the clips. More like 85% of everything is rotten. If I got 15% corroded rounds I wouldn't say a thing but this is different. There is significant damage to this guys stuff.
huh..............
Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 PM

yup, very much aware of the statement.

I've gotten cans with a "few" in the past or bad clips, not said a word and didn't count 'em, just disposed of them. One of our ranges accepts "bad" ammo.

Believe me, if this can was sitting on the floor at one of the stores, no one would have bought it. It even smelled bad.

Every round has some corrosion on it. Maybe there is two or three that don't , at best. You can't see into the clips in the photo's.
And every piece of card board and fabric is WET.
There's not a round in there I would trust with everything being wet.
So that makes the can 100% defective.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 AM

Customer service will make good on this. Just email them. I seem to remember somebody in the past getting a bad can and cs replaced it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 AM

tnx, I did before posting on the thread, wasn't going to, but saw bsrman36 and figured I'd chime in.
Sorry to have hijacked your thread bsrman36. Just wanted to let others know, check your cans if the seams don't seem right....

I remember that other can from the old cmp forum. I think his was near the end of the inventory last year, came in a 30cal ammo can, I think his rounds were in far worse condition than mine.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM

To the OP you say the headstamp is HXP 77, why would it say 78 on the side of the spam can. Is that normal. I ask because I got in 2 cans last week and they had 78 on the side also. Just wondering ??
Old 05-14-2010, 06:42 PM

Brass looks normal and so does the clip finish. Enjoy your ammo.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rifleman View Post
To the OP you say the headstamp is HXP 77, why would it say 78 on the side of the spam can. Is that normal. I ask because I got in 2 cans last week and they had 78 on the side also. Just wondering ??
I was wondering that too. My can is marked 78 and so are the clips. The ammo however is 77. Interesting.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 PM

I wasn't going to open the spam can I just received for awhile, but after seeing yours, I opened it.
They look factory fresh. Dated 73.
I guess you could at least salvage most of the bullets.
avery