Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2016, 01:13 PM

Step 1: Lay down in bed
Step 2: Try not to cry
Step 3: Cry a lot

In all seriousness, it depends on the options the CMP gives those of us who strike out on these carbines. If they think there's a shot they might get another couple thousand in the future, I'd probably be willing to hold out for a while (maybe up to a year). If not, well I guess I can dump $625 into one of my other expensive hobbies I've managed to accumulate over the years.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee69 View Post
I don't have one, but I'm going for a real WWII era carbine no matter what . There is legislation in my state that is going to classify the m1 carbine as an assault rifle if it passes. So it could be banned or a bunch of extra hoops/fees can be added.

I'm in the same situation. Will try to get one before the new year. Not sure how quickly the laws will change in this state. It's truly sad when a M1 carbine is considered an assault weapon.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Gun show, gun shop, cmp forum, etc, etc, etc
Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 PM

I found a pretty nice 44 Inland carbine on the calguns forum I put in jail (dumb CA 10 day wait) yesterday. After transfer fees, dros, sales tax have to pay here on a CMP a private sale at the right price seemed pretty even in cost.

Last edited by RPVflyer; 02-06-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:56 PM

If I don't get a Carbine, I'd likely put the money into an M1A. If 1903's come out before I buy the M1A, I'd jump all over that.

I'm trying to get a representative collection of service rifles together. Not museum quality, of course. Just representative shooters. I have an 1873 Trapdoor, an 1898 Krag, and an M1 Garand (CMP).

On the more modern (AR) side, I got a surplus M16A1 parts kit (with a semi lower, of course), an A2 and an M4. All of those are the semi-auto civilian versions of course.

So I want the Carbine to go with the M1 and the 1903 would be a great addition after the Krag.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:26 PM

Suicide?
Old 02-06-2016, 04:30 PM

My guess is there are going to be fewer disappointed people than people think, at least for the ones who got their order in on the 1st. I think the CMP under promises and over delivers. Plus they may have received 5000 orders on Monday but not all were for Carbines. Got to look at how many orders are normally received on a Monday and subtract that from the 5000 estimate. May only increase the odds by a little but translates into more people getting their order.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:38 PM

My thought is that the 5000 order received statement was based on an estimate. I just do not see anyone sitting down and counting all of that mail just to see how many there were. Would take a while. I know I would not pay my employees to do it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louism View Post
My thought is that the 5000 order received statement was based on an estimate. I just do not see anyone sitting down and counting all of that mail just to see how many there were. Would take a while. I know I would not pay my employees to do it. Just my 2 cents.
If the number is accurate, it could be that the post office gave them a count number. Does the post office do that? I have no idea, but I have to have something to think about while we all wait... lol
Old 02-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
If the number is accurate, it could be that the post office gave them a count number. Does the post office do that? I have no idea, but I have to have something to think about while we all wait... lol
Really, the PO does not do a count. The CEO said 5000 orders. But it is really like 10,000 orders. He is keeping your hopes up.

So, do you think only a 10% or 20% chance.

How about your order got there on Tuesday? 0.05% chance.

I'm tired of this specluation on this release.

Guys, let us see how this plays out. Watch the order timeline. Go have another Diet Coke.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241