Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2019, 04:47 PM

Default Wa state ffl question

So I went to my ffl an talked about ordering some grands. They told me by law they can not give me a copy of their dealer license to send in with my packet but that they receive from the CMP all the time for people and that I simply send in my packet without the ffl info and once cmp gets my packet they will contact me and then to let them (the ffl) know the cmp has my packet and then they email dealer and ship info to the cmp and all is well. Does that sound right? Also, what info do I need to give the ffl to send in their email? They told me I just need to give them my order number but i don't see how the cmp would give me an order without ffl info, or would they fill the order and just not send it until they got the dealer info?
Old 10-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Would just send in your packet.

Add a page with your FFL, Name, address, email, and phone number. My bet is CMP will call or email them. They might already have his information.

Good luck behind the lines.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241

Last edited by Kansas Poster; 10-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
Would just send in your packet.

Add a page with your FFL, Name, address, email, and phone number. My bet is CMP will call or email them.

Good luck behind the lines.
Thank you, only thing is I was not that smart and already sent the packet. But I did include a note explaining what the ffl said and i did put down the ffl's address as the ship address.. where I was not so smart was in not including the ffl contact info.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken308 View Post
Thank you, only thing is I was not that smart and already sent the packet. But I did include a note explaining what the ffl said and i did put down the ffl's address as the ship address.. where I was not so smart was in not including the ffl contact info.
You will be fine. CMP will contact you if they have any questions.

Good luck on your first of many M1s.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You will be fine. CMP will contact you if they have any questions.

Good luck on your first of many M1s.
Yea, I hear it gets pretty addicting.. I'm off to a good start though. My order is for 2, one field and one service.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:14 PM

My last order was in March. Four field grades. Hit home runs on them all.

Bet you will like your field grade the most. Post back when you get them.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

There was a recent posting from a Calif. member that had his rifle shipped and said that CMP already had on file the FFL he used and was sent to that FFL. If your FFL says that he has accepted CMP rifles before, then I suppose CMP will have his info also on file. Like Kansas Poster said, CMP will contact you if they have a problem.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
There was a recent posting from a Calif. member that had his rifle shipped and said that CMP already had on file the FFL he used and was sent to that FFL. If your FFL says that he has accepted CMP rifles before, then I suppose CMP will have his info also on file. Like Kansas Poster said, CMP will contact you if they have a problem.
Thank you guys for the info, I'm less worried about having to wait for ever because of issues with paperwork.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken308 View Post
Thank you guys for the info, I'm less worried about having to wait for ever because of issues with paperwork.
Now sit back and check your estore account ten time each day. It will show up there. You might even get a DBU email, means Don't Bother Us.
Then you will be checking the estore twenty times a day.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Now sit back and check your estore account ten time each day. It will show up there. You might even get a DBU email, means Don't Bother Us.
Then you will be checking the estore twenty times a day.
LOL George... Don't matter if it's your 1st or 21st Garand, this is the normal sign of a person with a problem...Garanditis!!! Welcome to the sickness..