Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2019, 03:19 PM

If the park matches pretty well. Do the swap..

I myself also think that both of you would benefit in a value increase in a swap. I just see no harm in doing this knowing the "history" of these 1911s.

They are both you and the other fellas Firearms. If it will make you both Happy..Do it. Does not matter what others think. Nice to have input, but the input as you see is kinda divided 50 50,LOL
Old 07-06-2019, 12:22 PM

The fact is that only the person switching the slide will be the only one that will ever know of the switch. Of course anyone you might tell would also know, but the point is, if it makes you happy, that is all that really matters. Enjoy.

Yes, people have different opinions on switching slides but they too, need to do what makes them happy. If their pistol, like mine, came with matching slides, the only thing we can be sure of is that this is how we received it from CMP. We can not even be 100 % sure the slide was not changed by CMP. BY the way, my CMP certificate dated 27 June 2019 only states "1911 Pistol Field" and serial number. No mention of manufacture of slide.

Last edited by JoeW2111; 07-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.