Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 AM

The paint is slowly coming off the 1917 and the wood underneath looks pretty decent, although it's obvious that whoever prepped it for the white paint sanded it with some pretty coarse paper.

It has two stamps on the left side: on top is A O H, and beneath it is a rectangular box with 3 G M - K. The box and the 3GM-K must have been separate stamps, because they are not aligned with each other and the K extends outside the right side of the box. I'm assuming the AOH and 3GM-K are stamps from different rebuild facilities. I know about the discussion about whether the 3GM-K represents a General Motors rebuild, but I have no idea about the AOH. Anyone know about this?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:05 PM

edpm3
I got most of the paint stripped on mine this weekend as well. The white paint was very thick. had to let it sit overnight on each side. The wood underneath looks quite good. It is going to look super nice when finished.

I too have the 3GM-K stamp on the side of the stock. It is light, but plainly visible. It was hidden well under the thick paint. Also have a P proof stamp in front of the pistol grip and a 3G behind the trigger guard. Wish we knew what rebuild facility the 3GM-K stamp represented.

Glad you got that rifle and that it went to a good home. I can't wait to get mine to the range.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Banned

If you count thye Rounds in them Cans some are anywhere from 4 or 5 rounds over 250 to one i had that was 20 rounds over,I got close to 75 extra rounds,and it all looks great
Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
If you count thye Rounds in them Cans some are anywhere from 4 or 5 rounds over 250 to one i had that was 20 rounds over,I got close to 75 extra rounds,and it all looks great
Have not counted the rounds, but have 11 feet of linked RA54 in one of the cans.